How to solve D3D11 CreateDevice failed? [Solved]

Started by
23 comments, last by pranciskus2 6 years, 5 months ago

1. You really should learn DX11 instead of 9... 9 is getting really old at this point.

2. If you give up this easily, you're not gonna make it that far, bugs caused by yourself and not by yourself can be a real pain to track down sometimes.

3. You already have a hint in your previous post.  Google it.

4. If you look at the code it tries to create a debug device because you're compiling a debug build... why not try a release build and see if the error goes away?  Not ideal but see if it at least gets rid of that error.

edit - also if you can try it on another machine do that just to see if it really is your machine or not.

-potential energy is easily made kinetic-

Advertisement
1 hour ago, Infinisearch said:

1. You really should learn DX11 instead of 9... 9 is getting really old at this point.

2. If you give up this easily, you're not gonna make it that far, bugs caused by yourself and not by yourself can be a real pain to track down sometimes.

3. You already have a hint in your previous post.  Google it.

4. If you look at the code it tries to create a debug device because you're compiling a debug build... why not try a release build and see if the error goes away?  Not ideal but see if it at least gets rid of that error.

edit - also if you can try it on another machine do that just to see if it really is your machine or not.

Ok, I solve this problem by uninstalling windows update, UNISTALLING WINDOWS UPDATE!!!! :D , however I got a further error in BoxDemo.cpp and seems to be rarer.  I tried it on two other machines and it says d3dx11_43.dll is missing from computer even I installed dx11 runtime into these machines and d3dx11_43.dll file is in System32 folder so I can't even imagine why I got this error box.

Untitledasd.png

Oh wait d3dx11 d _43 .dll file is missing

I'm just curious in programming

You should read carefully, what the error message is telling you. D3DX11CompileFromFile can't find the file you are trying to load. When you start the executable out of Visual Studio make sure the working path is correct or load your data with an absolute path (not recommended). Default is somewhere in a Debug Subfolder.

26 minutes ago, Auskennfuchs said:

You should read carefully, what the error message is telling you. D3DX11CompileFromFile can't find the file you are trying to load. When you start the executable out of Visual Studio make sure the working path is correct or load your data with an absolute path (not recommended). Default is somewhere in a Debug Subfolder.

Thanx for the help but I forgot to say that I solved it by pasting color.fx into the project because I was just linked it from other directory

I'm just curious in programming

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement