100% CPU usage (8 threads) when viewing forum posts

Started by
18 comments, last by Infinisearch 6 years, 3 months ago

In the last few days I have noticed that whenever I visit a post topic the CPU usage suddenly goes up from 1%-5% to nearly 100%. In activity monitor the process is shown as "safari web content". This doesn't happen when viewing a forum or when creating a topic (e.g. right now it's fine), but as soon as I read a post, the insane CPU usage begins. As soon as I close the window, the CPU usage drops to normal.

My system specs: Mac OS X 10.8.5, Safari 6.2.3

Advertisement

We became aware of this earlier today and are looking into it. Appears to be an issue with one of the ad networks.

Admin for GameDev.net.

This is resolved.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Are you sure? I just had this effect several times the last two or three days again. The thread/topic is a different everytime. 

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

I can confirm this is happening again, albeit in a different way. It's being worked on.

- Jason Astle-Adams

I had this happen a moment ago as well.

Working on it.. I've been traveling with limited access.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Clearly, you just need a better CPU

;)

Not sure if this is related to this or not... but probably is.  Twice today when reloading a forum page my security suite stopped a cryptominer from executing.  I was gonna make a separate thread but I figure this is the same issue.

-potential energy is easily made kinetic-

2 minutes ago, Infinisearch said:

Not sure if this is related to this or not... but probably is.  Twice today when reloading a forum page my security suite stopped a cryptominer from executing.  I was gonna make a separate thread but I figure this is the same issue.

Do you have any page source or URLs that the security suite tried to stop? Which page(s) were you looking at?

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement