Francois DIY - Do it Yourself Gaming

Started by
0 comments, last by Codeloader_Dev 6 years, 5 months ago

I've been working on creating my own version of Mario Maker or Lunar Magic with the exception that you can create your own graphics and program your own characters from scratch to create any kind of 2D game that one can think of... at least in my opinion! I created the project because I wanted to see if I could do it but, more importantly, to be able to create my own games if I happened to see a games did was not out on the market or simply to recreate a game that already exists and add my own twist to it.

Francois DIY is a collection of editors and an engine for playing, creating maps, creating graphics, and programming sprites. The award-winning sprite inspector is personally my favorite. "award-winning" is a pun for "I think it is cool". Games can interface with a real gamepad but are meant for the PC. The experience has you both creating and playing your own games. You create to play and play to hack!

Link to demo: Francois DIY Demo

Fixed the link. The HTML document was not uploaded. Also on another note the game plays better with a gamepad than the keyboard which seems to be buggy.

screen_1.png

screen_2.png

screen_3.png

screen_4.png

screen_5.png

screen_6.png

screen_7.png

Codeloader - Free games, stories, and articles!
If you stare at a computer for 5 minutes you might be a nerdneck!
https://www.codeloader.dev

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement