• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

OpenGL ES Display problem, is it memory data corruption ?

Hi !

I have a drawing problem, display seems to be corrupted.

The program is opengl es 3.0 running on iPhone.

I have a file loader and it loaded data correctly before, but if you look at both attached images, the red, blue and green cubes aren't displayed correctly ( and only them).

I haven't changed the source code of my loader, so I don't think it comes from it.

I know however one thing, it is that vertices and indices ( and texture coordinates, and normals ) are raw pointers, and I think my problem is in relation to memory data/heap corruption because I didn't freed them before.

The scenes were displayed correctly before and this problem came suddenly, without changing the source code for the loader and the opengl es class.

What do you think about this problem ? Can you help me to solve it ?

Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 21.18.47.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 21.20.27.png

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Similar Content

• By nickyc95
      Hi.
      I'm kind of late to this party but I thought I would ask anyway as I haven't found a concrete answer.

When creating a game engine, when should you choose one methodology over another (more specifically OOP and DOD)? Which areas benefit from DOD? Which areas benefit from OOP? Do people typically mix multiple methodologies throughout a project? I.e. certain sub-systems created in one, and others in the another?  
      DOD - Data Oriented Design
      OOP - Object Oriented Design

Pretty simple
      Thanks
    • By Estra
      Memory Trees is a PC game and Life+Farming simulation game. Harvest Moon and Rune Factory , the game will be quite big. I believe that this will take a long time to finish
      Looking for
      Programmer
      1 experience using Unity/C++
      2 have a portfolio of Programmer
      3 like RPG game ( Rune rune factory / zelda series / FF series )
      4 Have responsibility + Time Management
      and friendly easy working with others Programmer willing to use Skype for communication with team please E-mail me if you're interested
      Split %: Revenue share. We can discuss. Fully Funded servers and contents
      and friendly easy working with others willing to use Skype for communication with team please E-mail me if you're interested
      we can talk more detail in Estherfanworld@gmail.com Don't comment here
      Thank you so much for reading
      More about our game
      Memory Trees : forget me not

Thank you so much for reading
      Ps.Please make sure that you have unity skill and Have responsibility + Time Management,
      because If not it will waste time not one but both of us

• By Strifexxx
      Hi guys, check out our new game about sticks. Feedback welcome!
      Download on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.stickman.destruction.annihilation4
      Youtube:
      Stickman Destruction 4 Annihilation is a sequel to the legendary game of survival, where to make incredible tricks, driving different transport and getting into different crash! The game is made in the best traditions of simulator games with ragdoll physics elements. Make incredible jumps and tricks and destroy the enemy! Your task is make the finish alive or dead!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/577850349043463/
      VK: https://vk.com/club122273704
    • By EddieK
      Hi I am having this problem where I am drawing 4000 squares on screen, using VBO's and IBO's but the framerate on my Huawei P9 is only 24 FPS. Considering it has 8-core CPU and a pretty powerful GPU, I don't think it is not capable of drawing 4000 textured squares at 60FPS.
      I checked the DMMS and found out that most of the time spent was by the put() method of the FloatBuffer, but the strange thing is that if I'm drawing these squares outside of the view frustum, the FPS increases. And I'm not using frustum culling. 
      If you have any ideas what could be causing this, please share them with me. Thank you in advance.
  • Advertisement