Spaceshooter Retrofabulous Join us!

Started by
8 comments, last by hfeehan 6 years, 3 months ago

Hey everyone!

My husband and I have this idea for a uniquely retro mobile (Android/iOS) game. It's a top-down Shmup spaceshooter with a twist or three. My hubby (Jon) has some basic programming skills and has started creating a demo version of the game in GameMaker, but we both work full time. If we can get a team together, we would like to eventually relaunch a kickstarter page and get some funding to make the game a reality! For now, we are looking for the following so we can create a demo and further develop our vision:

Programmer(s): who loves shmups? Think Super Megaforce but not! We have already started in GameMaker, but Unity might work too.

GFX Pixel Artist: 8bit/16bit, we have a foundation that needs improvements!

Music Artist: High Octane/upbeat Chiptune soundtrack. We have nada!

If you have some skills, please post below with what role you would like to assume and we can get the ball rolling! 

Attached is one of the spaceship evolution concepts. 

62d35b1b20da55c33306137d6f6c46f9_original.gif

Advertisement

Hi, I'm a Unity developer who specializes in development of 2D games for the Android platform. 

I've got a fair amount of experience in working with bullet hell mechanics as well.

While I'm already working part-time for a studio, I'd love to help you guys out in my spare time.

If you decide to move your project to Unity and would like to get in touch with me - feel free to send me an email: rk.softwaredev@gmail.com

Hey, I'm a composer and sound designer. I've done some retro/8-bit music and sound design before, if you'd like to  listen to this short showreel (the second and 4th pieces are probably in the right vein, no?) and let me know what you think!

That's pretty awesome Daniel! I think we may have our musicians (to be fair I picked the first 2 I got responses from), but can we use you as a backup? 

We REALLY need a pixel artist (our designs need help!), and possibly another programmer. 

Of course. If you need SFX too, let me know.

We have most of our team set and ready! We could still use a pixel artist to create retro fabulous pixel space backgrounds! Please message me or reply to this post if you have experience in pixel art creation and would like to join our team. Thanks!

Hi Are you still looking for a pixel artist? discord: crashtest#9455

Greetings Crashtest! We have tried to reach out to you via pm and on Discord. We are still searching for a gfx artist. We have our team, our Game Design Doc, and our communications set up and ready. 

Hi Neowing,

My name is Hannah and I noticed your ad for some simple sounds for your retro style game. I have experience writing/creating sounds for similar games and will be able to make these for you in the next few days/weeks, depending on the amount of work needed, meaning that is one job off your list.

Here is a link to Jailbreak Islands, a game in which I created all the sounds and all the music for, demonstrating the types of sounds I believe would suit your game so you can hear my work https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gamrek.jbisland&hl=en_GB

Let me know what you think!

All the best,

Hannah

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement