• Advertisement

Warcry: Extermination - Sci-Fi FPS with an oldschool twist!

hI2isfC.png

Hello everyone,

I am happy to introduce you the FPS project I am working on with 2 of my friends: Warcry: Extermination

We have been working on it for a few years now, and decided to move to Unreal Engine about a year ago, to finalize our prototype.

The game is an old school FPS, somewhere between quake and Serious Sam, unforgiving like Dark Souls and in Dungeon like environments, that will maybe remind you Skyrim a bit.

As for any good FPS out there, the main focus is on combat, however, we haven’t neglected exploration, platforms, traps and puzzles neither! The levels can be explored freely, with many secret locations to discover.

In Warcry: Extermination, you will also be able to upgrade your weapons and acquire new powers, such as Dash, Hologram or even Slow motion. I will tell you more about it later !

And here is how it looks in Unreal Engine 4 :

1510588075-warcry-01.jpg

1510588075-warcry-02.jpg

1510588075-warcry-03.jpg

We should be able to show you more next week!

Edited by DreamPowered

Advertisement

Hey thank you Kingius ! If you have any suggestion let us know :) !

I’ve made some more screenshot for you as i’ve completed more room :

D9cmiMH.jpg
A giant corridor in ruin, perfect to teach the player how to properly jump !

EvY55t3.jpg A simple corridor, because even a simple corridor needs love right ? (it's actually my wallpaper)

WhrVB09.jpg I love thoses little statuette our artist made x)

I have a surprise coming for you next week !

Hey !

The surprise will have to wait a bit, but I think it's worth it !

We have been working on different Pick Up and other stuff. So here is a screenshot for you.
RKoI5wI.jpgYou can see ammo and health pick up and also another thing that I will not spoil you right now as it's quite interesting :) !

Have a nice day and see you next week !

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Similar Content

• By katastrophic88

Hello Everyone!
      I’m now working with Zugalu -- developer of an upcoming SHMUP named Technolites – as Community Manager.
      In Technolites, you’ll take command of a fully customizable ship and dash across the universe to defeat an ancient alien threat. Deploy more than 500 weapons and utility upgrades – fighting by yourself or with a friend. The fate of humanity rests in your hands. We’re currently live on Kickstarter, and we’d love it if you could check out our page! Any feedback is greatly appreciated
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/643340596/technolites-a-story-driven-shoot-em-up-by-zugalu
      Looking forward to seeing all of the great game projects being developed and launching this year!
    • By RJSkywalker
      Hello, I'm trying to design a maze using a mix of procedural and manual generation. I have the maze already generated and would like to place other objects in the maze. The issue is the maze object is created on BeginPlay and so I'm unable to view it in the Editor itself while dragging the object to the Outliner. Any suggestions?
      I'm thinking of doing something in the Construction Script or the object Constructor but not not sure if that would be the way to go.
      I'm still getting familiar with the Engine code base and only have a little experience in Maya or Blender since I'm a programmer.
    • By Nimmagadda Subba Rao
      Hi,
         I am a CAM developer working with C++ and C# for the past 5 years. I started working on DirectX from past 6 months. I developed a touch screen control viewer using Direct2D. I am working on 3D viewer currently. I am very slow with working on Direct3D. I want to be a gaming developer. As i am new to this i want to know what are the possibilities to explore in this area. How to start developing gaming engines? Is it through tutorials? I heard suggestions from my friends that going for an MS helps. I am not sure on which path to choose. Is it better to go for higher studies and start exploring? I am currently working in India. I want to go to Canada and settle there. Are there any good universities there to learn about graphics programming? Sorry if I am asking too many questions but i want to know the options to choose to get ahead. 
    • By Bokchee 88
      I am animator by hand, and i am doing game animation for at least 8 years so far. During the last 2 years, i came with a idea for game and maybe some day, i want to start indie game company. As i am thinking to start game company, i am also thinking what kind of value i can give to the company. For example, am experience in animation,sales(I was selling web development services, before i jumped to gaming), bit of rigging- just not for production, i am learning on the side as well. The rest of the gaming production, like modeling, concept art, texturing, i am total noob or to say better, i am no near interest to do modeling for example, don't have such a patience to do it. But before characters and things are made for animating, what the hell i am would do?
      Also, what is the ideal size of the founding team of a game company? Positions to be filled mostly are, Concept artist, Modeler/Texture artist, programmer, animator-rigger. And later would need more people to join, like more animators, programmers, sound, fx,etc.

And lastly, do i need to have something,like a prototype, to show people and get them interest, or should i ask someone i know, for skill that i lack, for example, Modeling would be great, texturing and rigging, and to start all together from scratch?  
    • By Terry Jin
      Hi everyone! 

I am from an indie studio that has received funding for our concept and is ready to create the next generation 2D Pokemon-inspired MMORPG called Phantasy World. This ad is for a volunteer position but hopefully will transition into something more. Our vision is to create a game that draws inspiration from the series but is dramatically different in both aesthetics and gameplay as the work would be our own.

We are hoping that you can help us make this a reality and are looking for game developers familiar with the unreal engine and would be happy to work on a 2D top down game. Sprite artists are also welcome as we are in desperate need of talented artists! Join our discord and let's have a chat! https://discord.gg/hfDxwDX

Here's some of our in game sprites for playable characters while moving around the game world! Hope to see you soon!

• Advertisement