• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

YoYo Games Releases Game Maker Studio 2 Creator Edition

YoYo Games, the studio behind leading 2D game development engine GameMaker Studio 2, today announced the launch of its Creator Editions for Windows and Mac, a new easy to learn package that has been specifically designed for first time game makers, both young and old. With the Creator Edition, users can unleash their creativity and turn their idea from a simple concept into a finished video game.

“At YoYo Games with GameMaker Studio our mission is simple - create an accessible, robust set of tools for everyone who wants to give game making a shot,” said James Cox, general manager, YoYo Games. “With over 10 million downloads of the GameMaker Studio family of products, the Creator Edition is the perfect present for families who want to unleash their creativity over the holiday period and make the next Angry Birds”.

GameMaker Studio 2 is an award winning, professionally used game engine tool for making of video games across desktop, mobile and console platforms. More people, including children, are playing games than ever, and with the Creator Edition, YoYo Games has introduced the technology at a $39/£30 price point to ensure everyone gets the opportunity to try their hand at making games. The software has already found a home in over 1000 schools across the UK and USA across a range of ages.

GameMaker Studio 2 features simple-to-use drag-and-drop tools, tutorial and game assets, enabling users to quickly and easily create 2D games, letting their imaginations run wild in the process. The Creators Edition also allows users to publish their games to either Windows or Mac Desktop allowing family and friends to play their creations.

The Creator edition is the perfect platform for creators to take their first steps into games development and publishing onto digital platforms. It gives users all the options they might need to create characters, environments, props and levels as well as integrate sound, movement and other actions. The GameMaker Studio 2 Creator edition 12-month licence is now available for
$39 (approx. £30) through the YoYo Games website.

To access GameMaker Studio 2 tutorials visit: https://www.yoyogames.com/learn.

View full story

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Similar Content

• By Ahrakeen
      PRogrammer needed, for either game maker or unreal.
      Need help putting together a turn based strategic combat system ala disgaea or trouble shooters.
      Also to help with user interface menus and world map

We are putting together a game project over several chapters we got the graphics and design mostly done for the prologue but will need the code to make it work ultimately
    • By get the f***ing pillow man
      Hello everybody, i'm working on a RPG game in GameMaker Studio, and as a beginner yea still gotta learn a lot. Created the sprites(for the player and its animations), Background for a room(some basic grass), and the objects for some basic walls and the player(included collisions, move, animate, speed etc). But what I'm hoping for is a turn-based fight systems. So when I collide with an object, it will enter the turn-based fight system. How do I do that? Seems kinda hard, and there are unclear tutorials on how to do it. So may someone explain be how to do it? Step by step, or if not, just some links where to learn some stuff so maybe I'll do it by myself. THANKS 
    • By get the f***ing pillow man
      Hi guys, I'm actually creating an RPG game by myself, a complete n00b, but the game is actually not that bad. I made sprites and animations, Backgrounds, a testing room and some code. And was just thinking 'bout getting more into game development so I may increase my game development skills. The game is actually based on Adventure Time, I named it "Adventure Time: Dimensional War". Still gotta create it's story, add dialogue boxes, hitboxes, enemies, turn-based fight systems etc. So I thought that maybe this joining this kind of forums will help. 
      Right now I just need to learn how to make some enemies objects to follow me, attack me, and animate. I want to animate them just the way the player gets animated (up, down, right, left) So may someone tell me how to do it? 

• By Atwo Studios
      Hey guys, It Anthony from Atwo Studios bring you another game update for our game ROY. This past week we worked on fixing scaling issues for our game and in the video below i will be talking about the tutorial for our game, which we will be working on this week. 
      In-case you haven't watched the previous video where i explain the overall game, our game ROY is a color combination game targeted for android which uses your basic color combinations to traverse through our different levels and beat the different goals of that level. That video can be found on our website @ atwostudios.com or on our youtube @ Atwo Studios.
      Feel free to leave any comments or suggestions on our game, and Thank you for taking the time to read the blurb about the game and watch the video!
      If you don't want to check the video out, you don't have to but its very much appreciated!

• By Tiny Giraffe
      Hello, I'm an aspiring game designer and doing a research paper on being a game designer for high school. Part of doing this project is getting an interview from an active game designer. I was hoping someone could help me with this, If you're interested in helping me that would be great! I just need you to answer these 5 questions.
      What experience might you need for this job?    What experience might you get from this job?      What are the Hours like for this Career?   Is there anything extra that you would recommend to learn in order to get better at this job or something to learn before going to college?    Is there anything you know now that you wish you knew when starting out?   If anyone could help that would be fantastic
  • Advertisement