• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
khawk

YoYo Games Releases Game Maker Studio 2 Creator Edition

YoYo Games, the studio behind leading 2D game development engine GameMaker Studio 2, today announced the launch of its Creator Editions for Windows and Mac, a new easy to learn package that has been specifically designed for first time game makers, both young and old. With the Creator Edition, users can unleash their creativity and turn their idea from a simple concept into a finished video game.

“At YoYo Games with GameMaker Studio our mission is simple - create an accessible, robust set of tools for everyone who wants to give game making a shot,” said James Cox, general manager, YoYo Games. “With over 10 million downloads of the GameMaker Studio family of products, the Creator Edition is the perfect present for families who want to unleash their creativity over the holiday period and make the next Angry Birds”.

GameMaker Studio 2 is an award winning, professionally used game engine tool for making of video games across desktop, mobile and console platforms. More people, including children, are playing games than ever, and with the Creator Edition, YoYo Games has introduced the technology at a $39/£30 price point to ensure everyone gets the opportunity to try their hand at making games. The software has already found a home in over 1000 schools across the UK and USA across a range of ages.

GameMaker Studio 2 features simple-to-use drag-and-drop tools, tutorial and game assets, enabling users to quickly and easily create 2D games, letting their imaginations run wild in the process. The Creators Edition also allows users to publish their games to either Windows or Mac Desktop allowing family and friends to play their creations.

The Creator edition is the perfect platform for creators to take their first steps into games development and publishing onto digital platforms. It gives users all the options they might need to create characters, environments, props and levels as well as integrate sound, movement and other actions. The GameMaker Studio 2 Creator edition 12-month licence is now available for
$39 (approx. £30) through the YoYo Games website.

To access GameMaker Studio 2 tutorials visit: https://www.yoyogames.com/learn.

View full story

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Similar Content

• By ArzGamer
      Hey guys,
      So I’m trying to put a foot into the creative industry however, for the game tester jobs I’ve looked at they ask for you to have previous experience with quality assurance software which I don’t have. 
      [deleted by moderator]
    • By kirito
      hey guys i wanna know how much of everything it costs to make a game kind of aberoth
      if u haven't heared about it take a fast look here:http://aberoth.com
    • By xDanix
      Hi guys, so im developing a game using GMS2, following shaun spalding tutorials from youtube, my problem is that he explains only the basics on the mechanics, and since i have almost 0 knowledge in code, i cannot derail far from what he writes.. the main issue that i have now is developing the character animation; i want to make a jump, something like: impulse, ascending, descending, landing and also some smooth transition between ascencion and descent. now, in the way he wrote the code i get as follows:
      // animation
      if (!place_meeting(x,y+1,oWall))
      {
          sprite_index = sPlayerA;
          image_speed = 0;
          if (sign(vsp) > 0) image_index = 1; else image_index = 0;
      }
      oWall is my collision object, sPlayerA is my jump sprite with two frames on it.
      that gives me a basic and solid jump, but i feel like its too static.... Any ideas on how to write something to get a nice smooth jump with more than just two frames? i'm aiming at four or five frames total.
      thanks in advance, here's a screenshot of the work in progress:

• By Atwo Studios
      Hello everyone this is Anthony from Atwo Studios, as small indie company we have published 2 indie games using Game maker, one being ROY - Color Matching and the other being Solar Switch. Both can be found on iOS and the Google play store.

For our third indie game we are wanting to make a golf puzzle based game, this would be on mobile too.

Our current team consists of a designer,programmer and artist. I would like to add a person who is interested in making sounds effects/ music for our game.

If you are interested in creating a game for portfolio work or just as a hobby, 
      please send me an email at : anthony@atwostudios.com

PLEASE do attach any audio work so that my team and I can review it and determine if you are qualified for what we are looking for.

Please check out our website for more information about us and the types of games we have made so far.
      atwostudios.com
      DOWN BELOW CAN BE FOUND VERY EARLY SNIPPET OF THE GAME TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA OF WHAT WE ARE MAKING.
      p.s. I am not a website designer
      2018-05-01_04-58-04.mp4
    • By LuigiLuigi
      I've been working on my own Metroidvania via GameMaker Studio for the past few years. You play as a bat named Ralph as he goes on an adventure to obtain 7 Crystal Medallions hidden in dungeons with the help of a cult known as the Crimson Fog. Along the way, there will be quests unlocked in Cedrus Village as you progress through the game. I've managed to complete a demo of the game up to the first dungeon and boss fight.
      I have only a PC build available, and the only gamepads I managed to install were Logitech Precision and Xbox PC gamepads. I had some trouble on gamepad detection though, so they may have connection issues. The desktop controls are similar to Terarria's control scheme if it's too much trouble. I don't have any music at this point, I'll need to get someone else to compose it later on. The music I make isn't bad, but it doesn't fit the aesthetic that well.
      I'm really hoping I can get feedback regarding the general content.
      Crimson Fog.0.2.zip
    • By Eios
      I have coded small games and put some of the features from them into a platform game. But I know my art is not appealing and I don't want to plan the story and cut scenes out. That is why I am posting on the collaboration forum to see if anyone wants to make a game out of this.
      Only hobbyists apply. Please don't change your mind about it being a hobby. PM me when making your application.
      My platform engine includes:

Camera and Movement
      Moveable camera and not binded to player when pressing middle mouse button. Bug free jump. Player direction following mouse cursor. Keyboard movement controls. Mouse movement controls. Environment
      Good collisions. Platforms and diagonal slopes. Stored Statistics
      Level up with statistics. Health bars. Save system. Gameplay
      Basic attack. Self heal. Attack and pull enemies back. Attack and throw enemies in the air. Enemy patrolling area. Enemy getting alerted and starting it's attack stance. Enemy dies and vanishes. Platform jump puzzle. Live cut scenes. Essential Rooms
      Zoning to a new room. Loading rooms. Menu with sounds. Game over room. (Randomized rooms). (Pick who you want to play room). Continue room. Pick a room to play again room. Text Dialogue
      Interacting with NPC displays a message. Ending conversation with a key press. Text typing itself. Fast forwarding text with a key hold. Next text message with a key press. Integrations
      Steam Integration.
    • By Steamie Tilted
      Hi guys,
      I just released my first game and would like to know if anyone wants to test it. This is the first attempt to produce a game. A total new world for me.
      The link to test is here. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.steamiegames.beatem

I hope you like and have fun. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Steamie & Tilted

• By Kylan Haffie
      Hi,
      With the recent announcement that the Nintendo Switch will support GameMaker Studio 2 later this year, I am looking for a small team to help create a game.
      There is no game concept or plan at the moment, I am hoping on building this together. I am a University Student building a portfolio, which you can check out here.
      I am looking for the following roles:
      Designer 2D Artist Sound Designer/Composer  
      Just leave a comment or send me a message if you are interested!
    • By otgs17
      You have 12 hours to search for supplies, transportation or you can continue your journey.
      But as soon as night falls, you must find shelter, turn it into a fortress to stand against the hordes of monsters.
      Equip soldiers, use bonuses and do not forget to follow the energy level of your fighters. 
      In battle be useful to your transport, it would be nice to find a tank.
      Every day the number of monsters to get more, they mutate into stronger and more dangerous forms.
      https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.otgs.FortTD&hl=en
      https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fortress-td/id1367094965?mt=8
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIkXPikiRqc

• By Atwo Studios
      Solar Switch is about to touchdown on April 9th on the iOS and Google Play store.

Check out the trailer!
      For more information check out AtwoStudios.com
      Google Play Download: https://goo.gl/StNF7Q
      Apple app store Download: https://goo.gl/EeCayJ

• Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!