• Advertisement

In need of several talents for an Android Text-based Multiple ending horror game

Hi there Game Dev. community!

What is the game about?

I am currently working on a horror text-based game for the android platform. The game is set out to be a fully textual novel or a visual one depending on the availability of the artist. 

The game will feature multiple choices for the player, the consequences will vary and the emphasis will be on the 7 deadly sins and 7 heavenly virtues. More information on this will be provided if you do decide to join!

What have you done so far? What do you add to the team?

I have shipped several android games and applications for the past 3 years. My tasks will mostly be development, writing and translation in terms of this project. 

So far I have succeeded into finishing the first prototype of the game with required initial visual effects such as fading. On addition to that I have set up audio and sound managers as well as a timer for quick choice events.

What kind of talents do you need?

1- Writer - To help with writing the branching decisions within the plot as I haven't finished the story fully yet.

2- Concept designer / Artist / (UI/UX) Designer - To work on the overall design of the game (Pictures in every scene, menu buttons...etc.).

3- Music and Sound composer - To compose sound effects and music applicable to the game.

4- Android Developer - Help maintain the code and structure the events in a hierarchical organized manner as well as optimize and test the game.

What am I getting in return?

1- The fun of seeing something small growing into something bigger the more you work into it.

2- Appropriate percentage of Rev-Share between all joining members as the game will be shipped in two versions, the free one with ads and the paid without. 

tl;dr: Horror text-based game with multiple endings on Android, yeah that's something quite new.

Thank you for reading this long wall of text. If you're interested please join my discord channel for further explanation:

https://discord.gg/xh3NbPQ

If you have any more questions feel free to PM, comment or email me.

Edited by EagleGamer

Advertisement

Hi, mate.  I'm a transcriptionist/writer/proof reader by trade.  If you like I can proof read, help write and offer continuity suggestions for your text.  Cheers.

10 hours ago, Raithen said:

Hi, mate.  I'm a transcriptionist/writer/proof reader by trade.  If you like I can proof read, help write and offer continuity suggestions for your text.  Cheers.

Sure, that sounds great! Join me on discord so I could show you the script. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Similar Content

• By EddieK
      Hello. I'm trying to make an android game and I have come across a problem. I want to draw different map layers at different Z depths so that some of the tiles are drawn above the player while others are drawn under him. But there's an issue where the pixels with alpha drawn above the player. This is the code i'm using:
      int setup(){ GLES20.glEnable(GLES20.GL_DEPTH_TEST); GLES20.glEnable(GL10.GL_ALPHA_TEST); GLES20.glEnable(GLES20.GL_TEXTURE_2D); } int render(){ GLES20.glClearColor(0, 0, 0, 0); GLES20.glClear(GLES20.GL_ALPHA_BITS); GLES20.glClear(GLES20.GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT); GLES20.glClear(GLES20.GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT); GLES20.glBlendFunc(GLES20.GL_ONE, GL10.GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA); // do the binding of textures and drawing vertices } My vertex shader:
      uniform mat4 MVPMatrix; // model-view-projection matrix uniform mat4 projectionMatrix; attribute vec4 position; attribute vec2 textureCoords; attribute vec4 color; attribute vec3 normal; varying vec4 outColor; varying vec2 outTexCoords; varying vec3 outNormal; void main() { outNormal = normal; outTexCoords = textureCoords; outColor = color; gl_Position = MVPMatrix * position; } My fragment shader:
      precision highp float; uniform sampler2D texture; varying vec4 outColor; varying vec2 outTexCoords; varying vec3 outNormal; void main() { vec4 color = texture2D(texture, outTexCoords) * outColor; gl_FragColor = vec4(color.r,color.g,color.b,color.a);//color.a); } I have attached a picture of how it looks. You can see the black squares near the tree. These squares should be transparent as they are in the png image:

Its strange that in this picture instead of alpha or just black color it displays the grass texture beneath the player and the tree:

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance

• By EddieK
      Hi i'm trying incorporate sounds into my game and I have ran into troubles with performance. Whenever I call:
      soundPool = new SoundPool.Builder().setAudioAttributes(new AudioAttributes.Builder().build()).build(); I immediately notice lagging and the framerate drops drastically. I don't even have to actually play the sounds for the framerate drop to occur.
      Is there anything I can do to fix this issue?
      Thanks in advance.

P.S. Never mind, I figured out that restarting the phone got rid of the lagg and it wasn't because of the sound.
    • By Marina Musetescu
      Hello! We are currently developing a real-time strategy mobile game and this is the concept art for one of our characters.
      Her description is: „She blends upper class sophistication with very sharp blades and even sharper fangs.”
      What do you think? 

• By Atwo Studios

Hey guys,

Anthony here from Atwo Studios bringing you some new updates for the new year!
      In this video I go over our game ROY, the new games and some general updates to the company!

If you have not checked out ROY feel free to give it a try! Many people have said they enjoyed the game thus far!
      ROY: https://goo.gl/o6JJ5P

• By Affgoo
      https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.NE.Alien
      still a lot of work to do, but its pretty stable  please let me know what you think <3
      Atlas Sentry is a game of destroy everything. Using your turret, simply swivel and shoot your way to victory, upgrading your weapons to unleash destruction on the variety of spaceships. The bigger your combo’s the more score you get! Earn silver as you play and then purchase new weapons and abilities to better deal with your enemy. Different enemies use different tactics and weapons, work out your own priorities in their destruction order. 

Features: 
      **2 different game modes 
      **A level select mode with 20 difficult levels including a final boss, can you defeat it? **Arcade mode of endless destruction, how long will you last? 
      **High scores to compete against others, see who can take the top spot. 

• Advertisement