I hope to see my game alive

Started by
28 comments, last by zizulot 6 years, 4 months ago
18 minutes ago, zizulot said:

Undertale - bad graphics

Undertale has what is known as good graphics. It's not glossy but the style works with the game and in no way hinders or takes from a the game.

Dwarf fortress has bad graphics because the style actually makes the game harder to play, by replacing the graphics with little icons the game is much better to play.

I mean take the original:

Spoiler

OC9E2Ou.png

VS

u5wunJq.png

Advertisement
On 2017-11-20 at 3:09 PM, Scouting Ninja said:

Undertale has what is known as good graphics. It's not glossy but the style works with the game and in no way hinders or takes from a the game.

Dwarf fortress has bad graphics because the style actually makes the game harder to play, by replacing the graphics with little icons the game is much better to play.

I mean take the original:

Hide contents

OC9E2Ou.png

VS

u5wunJq.png

Yeah I see improvement , but still undertale player models thats what kept me out of it

wow i actualy got a response :D

But it seems i havent made my post clear and im sorry about that so ill try to answer all the questions

ok so someone sed about Scyrim.... well there are rule exceptions that what i wanted to say is this i stay on so MMO blogs( 2 or 3) looking for a game  RPG oriented ive been w8ing for a  game over the last decade im looking for that future AION im looking for that future Diablo 2 and not forget Lineage 2 

Next one :

Gameplay -

Ok so the sistem is like this u gather experiece from pvp and pve with that you buy skill points witch enchance your stats and let you wear new armors that catch is here if u wear reading ..... i sed 10 % of your experience ...... guys i mean your hole experience even if u playd for 3 years =36 mounths = 3.6 mounths lost in 1 pvp battle witch you are forced to do and the the back effect: cant wear your armor , your stats wear suitble for a dungeon u dont have them anymore  and etc

Class sistem 27 classes in 3 races is like this :

The races will only and only meet up agaisnt eachother ....they arent races they are factions witch battle eachother so 3 factions each with 9 diferent classes and there will be 27 unique class how ? here from my gamming exp i play usualy supprt/buffer/healler/tank role ( i hated to do the dmg it was boring same freaking skill rotation everytime to do the most DPS )

from the games that i play i know at least 5 classes that can take the role of a tank Example:Berserker ,The paladin The dubbufer tank(Lineage 2 aion guildwars),The duelist(leather high dmg) there are classes u just need to make them count 

How do you make them work ?

Dark faction: 

Tank :debuffer

Dmg dealer : Has a lot of Life steal 

Healer :A worlock who can transfer hp from ally to him or another ally 

This is just an example you can also make them work if u find a combination and make passives. Im a tank and if in my team i have one specific class i get a passive to help me make the party combo better 

Thanks for the reviews guys you are awsome 

4 hours ago, sacromania said:

guys i mean your hole experience even if u playd for 3 years =36 mounths = 3.6 mounths lost in 1 pvp battle

Won't work.

Most players loose more than 60% of the time, that means that every game the play they stand to loose most of there progress. This would result in a kind of King of the Hill effect.

In other words you have the exact same problem as pay to win games.

In pay to win, a player who pays wins more. Then gets more rewards and wins more.

In your game the first player who wins not only gets more rewards, they reduce the awards other already received. This makes it impossible for loosing players to ever win.

So only 1% of your players would enjoy the game.

What if you used two systems, Players who win gets gold, players who lose gets XP but looses 10% gold?

That should stop the King of the Hill effect, although making players loose anything is often bad.

4 hours ago, sacromania said:

factions each with 9 diferent classes and there will be 27 unique class how ?

Doesn't that just mean 9 unique classes? As all 3 have a tank type, healer type and so forth?

What makes every class unique?

13 minutes ago, Scouting Ninja said:

Won't work.

Most players loose more than 60% of the time, that means that every game the play they stand to loose most of there progress. This would result in a kind of King of the Hill effect.

In other words you have the exact same problem as pay to win games.

In pay to win, a player who pays wins more. Then gets more rewards and wins more.

In your game the first player who wins not only gets more rewards, they reduce the awards other already received. This makes it impossible for loosing players to ever win.

So only 1% of your players would enjoy the game.

What if you used two systems, Players who win gets gold, players who lose gets XP but looses 10% gold?

That should stop the King of the Hill effect, although making players loose anything is often bad.

Doesn't that just mean 9 unique classes? As all 3 have a tank type, healer type and so forth?

What makes every class unique?

i sed thay need to be in a certain range
weell the duelist is a dmg class but can be also be sued as tank becouse of high evasion

I'd focus on both the graphics and gameplay as in 50/50 but I'd also in the beginning put more into the storyline first, being the big premise of the game that will wheel gamers in cause that imo is a good basis to keep someone interested in playing the game and that should help give you ideas on how the gameplay will develop, based on the stories direction.

12 hours ago, Stryder1234 said:

I'd focus on both the graphics and gameplay as in 50/50

How I wish this was true. To players playing the game it looks like 50/50 but it isn't.

Graphics is just feedback, a way for players to see what is happening under the engine. It is on the same level as sound and does the same job. Many developers feel graphics is more important but in truth you can make good games with simple graphics.

Game-play is 50% then the graphics, sound, mechanics, input and story makes the other 50%. Graphics is around 10% of the game.

The graphics are just feedback and don't decide anything of how the game works.The most common mistake I see new developers make, is they focus on art and wonder why the game doesn't progress.

I've never worked in a gaming studio before bringing a title to release, but I've always estimated that about 80% of the man-hours put into a game are graphic related, whether it be textures, models or level design.

1 hour ago, Awoken said:

but I've always estimated that about 80% of the man-hours put into a game are graphic related, whether it be textures, models or level design.

That is true. In production time, art takes the most work and most time. It is for this reason that people should know the un-importance of art.

Many new developers still think like players, so they think it is the visual fire that burns the characters. This leads to large delays, as the developer refuses to let the programmers work on the fire effect until the artist is done.

In a AAA game, most levels are blocked out and working perfectly long before there art is even halfway done.

Often with Kickstarter games you will see the art progressing much faster than the gameplay, because of the developer thinking the art relates to the games progress. It's common for indie games to have all the art done before the game is done. Where in AAA games art development progresses up to the deadline.

During development art is even less important than after release.

23 hours ago, Scouting Ninja said:

How I wish this was true. To players playing the game it looks like 50/50 but it isn't.

Graphics is just feedback, a way for players to see what is happening under the engine. It is on the same level as sound and does the same job. Many developers feel graphics is more important but in truth you can make good games with simple graphics.

Game-play is 50% then the graphics, sound, mechanics, input and story makes the other 50%. Graphics is around 10% of the game.

The graphics are just feedback and don't decide anything of how the game works.The most common mistake I see new developers make, is they focus on art and wonder why the game doesn't progress.

I agree, the graphics should not be the main source as the gameplay and story is what will drive players getting more into the game as the graphics are more just icing  on the cake.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement