I hope to see my game alive

Started by
28 comments, last by zizulot 6 years, 4 months ago

As a RPG player over the years i saw how some great games fall just becouse of some tiny lill problems .... grinding and money( same for MMO's and Single Player)

Why? well im not 100% sure but i think its becouse studios invest most of the funding in something i think its... i donnno foolish and i mean the big Graphics subject.

Yeah ok Greaphic is important .. but is it ? when u go to a dungeon first u are impresed by it , but are u the second time the same ?. I ain't 

From what i saw in the new games over the year is a lot invested in graphics and less in gameplay ... thats why we cant play a game if we dont have a NASA configuration PC but we only play it once or twice and then u get bored ..and so we get to our second problem Grinding (i can imagine the reviews" ha ha ha troll troll troll toxic toxic toxic ) but i am right!!!

We get BORED  so quicky becouse is all the FUC*ING same same sistem on lvl growing same sistem  of PVE ,PVP,PVPVE and etc. all that kind of sh!t

I have some that i think they could be a bomb in MMORPG industryse lest get into it  and this isn't all its only 30% of them im hoping for a studio to reach me 

3 races in game

each race have 9 classes 

so a total of 27 classes (unique)

each race has his own unique world and allmost cant interact with other races

imagine the world as a triangle .At the bottom the town and NPC on the way to the top harder mobs until u need party for farming here in this area is a posibility to be teleported in a bubble with another party from another race and u have to PVP winner gets 10% of all acumulated xp of the losing  characters just one thing all of them must be in a  certain level range .

this game is P2P and F2P

Why P2P i dont need to say why but how both ? 

Players can earn tokens or something from playing as the dungeon boss , building dungeon and quests ..... yes players build dungeon plays as the evil big huge dragon and get payd for it thats not all they win a lot more if they dont let the chalengers win .Why ? becouse im sick of the AI and big dmg scores that a boss needs to compesate the players skill... with this u cant calibrate a dungeons dificulty more easy .Why build dungeon becouse its fun there are other games who did it and its creative .Why quests ; in my game i dont want 2 same quests and i dont mean just 1 story line with 200xxxxx quests no.... players create quests for what the game needs and they earn tokens to be able to play my game 

No character as a bubble in calculating dmg . So if my sword has 13 dmg and u have 100life and 3 DEF i should do 100+3-13? noooo HELL NO if i have a 3 dmg knife and i stab u in the brain or heart uf freaking dead or allmost dead so... particular dmg depending on the damaged area head legs arms etc

these are only some of them and as u can see they are only gameplay ideas becouse they are the ones that keep players in your game not the graphics

Thanks and soory about the bad english

Advertisement

what are you looking for with this post? 

You don't seem to be asking a Writing question. So I'm moving this to Game Design for now.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Well im not so sure about that, Skyrim for example, everyone loves - everyone plays, no complains, about your game idea - if you think its good than realise that, get some feedbacks in development etc

On 11/15/2017 at 6:56 PM, sacromania said:

From what i saw in the new games over the year is a lot invested in graphics and less in gameplay ... thats why we cant play a game if we dont have a NASA configuration PC but we only play it once or twice and then u get bored ..and so we get to our second problem Grinding (i can imagine the reviews" ha ha ha troll troll troll toxic toxic toxic ) but i am right!!!

There are millions of RPGs on the internet that have bad graphics but good game play. Millions of developers have walked this same path you did and tried making a game focused on game play instead of graphics.

The problem is that as much as players like to think graphics don't matter, they refuse to play games with poor graphics; by poor graphics I mean games that look like people drew them in MS Paint.

Graphics does two things in a game. It baits players into trying a game and then provides players with feedback. In other words it's what makes you go to the dungeon in the first place, after that the game play has to keep you there.

A game requires both good graphics and game play.

so a total of 27 classes (unique)

That is impressive, 27 is a lot. I am interested in this, how would you make 27 Unique classes?

We get BORED  so quicky becouse is all the FUC*ING same same sistem on lvl growing same sistem  of PVE ,PVP,PVPVE and etc. all that kind of sh!t

That is because it is what people like. Right now there are many unique indie games with completely new systems, but people don't play them.:|

If you want to stop games from using lvl systems then go and support games that don't. Indie developers would love to have a new player.xD

You sound tired of mainstream games, there are many other games out there; I recommend you try some indie games.

5 hours ago, Scouting Ninja said:

That is because it is what people like. Right now there are many unique indie games with completely new systems, but people don't play them.

Ugh, I agree with this and this is what haunts my dreams of making a unique game.  I'm thinking that a way indie developers overcome this though is to create a strong community presence and slowly build their player base and involve them in the development processes.  Then it comes down to how well the indie studio can market their game potential to attract interest.  yiesh, who would've thought indie games have so many hurdles to overcome.  How much do you think dumb luck plays into things, like something going viral?

Marketing is by far the biggest factor in success vs. failure. Dumb luck is what makes the difference between the projects that don't do marketing.

I literally just got back from a walk where I was thinking that I'm entering a time in the development of my game where I need to market the idea and myself "been reading lot's of posts lately".  Up till now I've been so focused on the technical issues.  The art of marketing and getting an idea out there is all so new to me, and it's a completely different ballgame, you kinda have to just put yourself out there and see what happens.  

@sacromania

Yeah, i think that games that have a good graphics-budget generally also have a good marketing-budget and then you only need to steal ideas from other games(it's free!).

And like you said, you DO notice the graphics the FIRST time you play, and that's important to get you hooked to the game.

ps i don't think i 've seen any gameplay-idea in your post that i haven't seen implemented in some game or the other.

10 hours ago, Scouting Ninja said:

The problem is that as much as players like to think graphics don't matter, they refuse to play games with poor graphics; by poor graphics I mean games that look like people drew them in MS Paint.

I make all my digital art in MS paint :|

5 minutes ago, Dramolion said:

I make all my digital art in MS paint

Chances are I played some of your games then.:) Don't worry as long as your art works with the game, it doesn't matter what tools you use. Besides I like art styles that don't conform to the normal.

With that said:

I do want to point out that there are millions of free software that are on par with commercial stuff. Gimp, Inkscape and Krita are great. Blender is better than most commercial products.

14 hours ago, Dramolion said:

@sacromania

Yeah, i think that games that have a good graphics-budget generally also have a good marketing-budget and then you only need to steal ideas from other games(it's free!).

And like you said, you DO notice the graphics the FIRST time you play, and that's important to get you hooked to the game.

ps i don't think i 've seen any gameplay-idea in your post that i haven't seen implemented in some game or the other.

I make all my digital art in MS paint

Undertale - bad graphics < good gameplay/story whatever (I never played it tough)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement