• Advertisement
deltaKshatriya

3D Recommendations for Books to Start Learning About 3D Graphics

Hey all,

As some of you may know, I do have a Computer Science background, but either by chance/design/fate/insert stupid excuse here, I didn't take any graphics courses in my undergraduate degree, but now I'd be very interested in at least learning the basics of graphics and potentially pursuing more in graphics. I'm interested in all sorts of graphics in general, so everything from real-time engines to rendering engines like Arnold, Octane, etc. Can anyone point me in the right directions for books/tutorials?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Apologies in advance if I missed the proper channels for this as well

Edited by deltaKshatriya

Advertisement

Do you want to learn a particular API (opengl, d3d11)?  Or do you want something more generic?

These two should get you started:

Computer Graphics: Principles and Practice

Real-Time Rendering

6 minutes ago, Infinisearch said:

Do you want to learn a particular API (opengl, d3d11)?  Or do you want something more generic?

These two should get you started:

Computer Graphics: Principles and Practice

Real-Time Rendering

I'm looking to start out, so something more generic for the moment. My knowledge of graphics is really minimal, so before I choose a specific API, I probably want to start with basics and what not, haha. 

2 hours ago, deltaKshatriya said:

I'm looking to start out, so something more generic for the moment. My knowledge of graphics is really minimal, so before I choose a specific API, I probably want to start with basics and what not, haha. 

Then the two books I listed above are a great start.

edit - I don't know how much math is introduced in those books, so if you need a book on the math of graphics here is one: Mathematics for 3D Game Programming and Computer Graphics

Edited by Infinisearch