• Advertisement

3D Jetpack Action

Hello everybody! I've got a little problem. I need to create jetpack action. The main target is when I will press some button on my keybord my character will fly in the sky and stay here for some time then he will remove to the ground. I'm working with Unreal Engine 4 with blueprints.

Advertisement

Not much to go on.

What have you created so far? What have you tried that didn't work? When you attempted to do it, what did you try that didn't turn out as expected? What part are you stuck on?

Actually I didn't create anything. I don't know where I should start. This thing must work as a jump, but very big and when character will reach some height he wiil stop lifting and you will be able to control your character. He will stay in the air till energy bar reach the end. After that he returns on the ground.

I know that there is a node in UE4 which is called "Launch Character". But I'm not sure that I need it. 

I'd say first start with some basic building blocks. Forget what you aim to create for a moment, and just do a few tutorials so you get an idea of how things work, and perhaps what can be achieved somewhat.

When you start working on your game, don't jump to the main feature, but start simple and small. First start and stop an application, then show your character, then have it move in one direction, then add a second direction, then have it move around, etc. By small incremental steps things become more manageable and gives you early feedback.

Edited by Alberth

Thaks for your advise. I'have already found a tutorial on this theme. Actualy I have already created simple BluePrints for my character. Hi can walk and run any direction, jump. But now I need to do this last steps - ability to use jetpack and add shooting actions.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Similar Content

• By RJSkywalker
      Hello, I'm trying to design a maze using a mix of procedural and manual generation. I have the maze already generated and would like to place other objects in the maze. The issue is the maze object is created on BeginPlay and so I'm unable to view it in the Editor itself while dragging the object to the Outliner. Any suggestions?
      I'm thinking of doing something in the Construction Script or the object Constructor but not not sure if that would be the way to go.
      I'm still getting familiar with the Engine code base and only have a little experience in Maya or Blender since I'm a programmer.
    • By Nimmagadda Subba Rao
      Hi,
         I am a CAM developer working with C++ and C# for the past 5 years. I started working on DirectX from past 6 months. I developed a touch screen control viewer using Direct2D. I am working on 3D viewer currently. I am very slow with working on Direct3D. I want to be a gaming developer. As i am new to this i want to know what are the possibilities to explore in this area. How to start developing gaming engines? Is it through tutorials? I heard suggestions from my friends that going for an MS helps. I am not sure on which path to choose. Is it better to go for higher studies and start exploring? I am currently working in India. I want to go to Canada and settle there. Are there any good universities there to learn about graphics programming? Sorry if I am asking too many questions but i want to know the options to choose to get ahead. 
    • By _RoboCat_
      Hi,
      Can anyone point me into good direction how to resolve this?
      I have flat mesh made from many quads (size 1x1 each) each split into 2 triangles. (made procedural)
      What i want to achieve is : "merge" small quads into bigger ones (show on picture 01), English is not my mother language and my search got no result... maybe i just form question wrong.
      i have array[][] where i store "map" information, for now i'm looking for blobs of same value in it -> and then for each position i create 1 quad. and on end create mesh from all.
      is there any good algorithm for creating mesh between random points on same plane? less triangles better. Or "de-tesselate" this to bigger/less triangles/quads?
      Also i would like to find "edges" and create "faces" between edge points (picture 02 shows what i want to achieve).
      No need for whole code, just if someone can point me in good direction would be nice.
      Thanks

• By Terry Jin
      Hi everyone! 

I am from an indie studio that has received funding for our concept and is ready to create the next generation 2D Pokemon-inspired MMORPG called Phantasy World. This ad is for a volunteer position but hopefully will transition into something more. Our vision is to create a game that draws inspiration from the series but is dramatically different in both aesthetics and gameplay as the work would be our own.

We are hoping that you can help us make this a reality and are looking for game developers familiar with the unreal engine and would be happy to work on a 2D top down game. Sprite artists are also welcome as we are in desperate need of talented artists! Join our discord and let's have a chat! https://discord.gg/hfDxwDX

Here's some of our in game sprites for playable characters while moving around the game world! Hope to see you soon!

• By khawk
      Epic released a new feature trailer today as part of their GDC announcements. They're giving several in-depth talks at GDC and showcasing the power of the Unreal Engine in their booth. You can see their full GDC plan here.

• Advertisement