Dragon of the North (Epic Orchestral)

Started by
5 comments, last by dbfs 6 years, 4 months ago

Here's some new music that just went live today for SGI's Dragon of the North. I hope you enjoy it! 

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Advertisement

I like it.

Are those pictures the actual game? Your music is way too epic for this game!

I like the clear voicing in it. But you still got volume issues (esp. in the setup and then again from 1:18) that sound unrealistic.
It doesn't sound like a compression/limiting bug to me but rather like a note volume issue.

Composition and arrangement are really cool, though! :) I like your use of the trumpets and - as said - the clear voicings.

I don't agree with @Michael Aganier (depending on how he meant it).
Add a bit more general reverb to it and, if the SFX do their job, it might actually fit the dragon setting quite well,
still being the type of game it is. I think, you did a pretty good job there :)

Cool Nathan! 

17 hours ago, Michael Aganier said:

I like it.

Are those pictures the actual game? Your music is way too epic for this game!

Thanks - yes, those are pics from the actual slot theme. 

11 hours ago, ptietz said:

I like the clear voicing in it. But you still got volume issues (esp. in the setup and then again from 1:18) that sound unrealistic.
It doesn't sound like a compression/limiting bug to me but rather like a note volume issue.

Composition and arrangement are really cool, though! :) I like your use of the trumpets and - as said - the clear voicings.

I don't agree with @Michael Aganier (depending on how he meant it).
Add a bit more general reverb to it and, if the SFX do their job, it might actually fit the dragon setting quite well,
still being the type of game it is. I think, you did a pretty good job there :)

Thanks! Interesting note. This is using my work set up which is mostly East West Hollywood Orchestra and some Komplete 11 Ultimate. EW's Hollywood Orchestra is not my preferred orchestral sample library but you work with what you can when on an office rig. :) Maybe I overdid it on that accented note you referenced. Would rather go big and risk an over exaggeration than leave it way too small. 

6 hours ago, dbfs said:

Cool Nathan! 

Glad you liked it! 

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

I agree that it could use a little extra reverb in there. I've found it really easy to overdo the reverb with Hollywood Orchestra, though, so maybe just a touch more on the strings and a bit more than that on the brass. Maybe some hall reverb on the female vocalist too? Not sure about that though, I don't usually have vocalists in my tracks because I don't really have any vocal libraries.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement