Need some helpful advice.

Started by
5 comments, last by zizulot 6 years, 4 months ago

Hello, i really need some helpful advice because i am so lost. So, i recently thought about getting into the game developer community for real, because i really love games.

When i were very young i fell in love with gta samp and i started to develop my own servers and i did became kinda good at it. I don't know if this will help me now. Anyways, i'm 20 years old and lost. I need some advice. I don't know if i am too old to become a good developer. 

Thanks! 

Advertisement

20 years is fairly young. Imagine this scenario, It takes someone to get a Bachelors  degree in roughly 4 years or 8 depending on your approach.  That's already 22 to 26, but that's only the education part. Then you have the portfolio part which I would hope they developed during their time in college.

So, if you plan on it now, and dedicate, you will be fine.

1 hour ago, itchyYoda said:

i'm 20 years old and lost. I need some advice. I don't know if i am too old to become a good developer. 

You're not too old. What you need to do is choose a focus, then work towards it.  Not knowing what country you live in, or what specialty you are best suited for or are most interested in, it's hard to give you advice other than very general advice like that.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

You're never too old to pursue something you're passionate about

When I went to college for video game development, one of the guys who was with me was 50+ years old, but he wanted to make video games, and he was good at it too.

You're only too old when YOU say you're too old...but trust me, 20 isn't too old. lol

20 is really good age, I started make then called WAP sites when I was 14, I made some coin out of it, later when I grew older I started to make PHP sites, when I was 17 i stopped programming for good, I forgot almost everything about it, than I started to get interst in game making (When I was 25YO) , now Im 26 so lets say I started at age of 25 , It took me a while to learn proper language and how it works, but now Im allright, Im not considering myself to be to old, youre even younger, if you really believe in yourself and its your passion, than go for it, when you will pass boring part than it will be fun to make your vision come to reallity

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement