• Advertisement
jazzyspazglobal

AI Topic for External Blog

Hey guys, I've been exposing myself to computer science, programming, etc for a little over 5 years now but I'm still just a newbie in college. I have recently started a blog to help myself go out and research topics and share my knowledge about them. This is not a post advertising for it, I just wanted some suggestions on a simple-to-intermediate level topic to cover about Artificial Intelligence. I like topics that I can implement (Not just theory) and show the source code for. I'm especially interested in those that I can show off in a 2D environment. Thanks a lot!

Advertisement
6 minutes ago, IADaveMark said:

Wouldn't it make more sense for you to decide on a topic that you are interested in and/or knowledgeable about?

The point of the blog is to research a topic thoroughly enough to be able to explain, implement, and write about it as if I were teaching others. I don't know much about AI so I figured I'd come here so somebody could point me in the right direction :P

There are just too many options. This forum is primarily about game AI. A few big areas (off the top of my head):

• Locomotion (pathfinding, flocking behaviors, animation controllers)
  • Full-information two-player games (chess, checkers, go)
  • General game playing
  • Tools for game designers to describe behaviors (behavior trees, goal-based architectures, planners, utility systems)
  • Machine learning (reinforcement learning for driving games, AlphaGo)
  • Dialog (select phrases appropriate for the situation)
  • Automatic adjustment of difficulty levels to give the player a good challenge

I am probably missing some big ones, but perhaps something in that list piques your interest.

29 minutes ago, alvaro said:

There are just too many options. This forum is primarily about game AI. A few big areas (off the top of my head):

• Locomotion (pathfinding, flocking behaviors, animation controllers)
  • Full-information two-player games (chess, checkers, go)
  • General game playing
  • Tools for game designers to describe behaviors (behavior trees, goal-based architectures, planners, utility systems)
  • Machine learning (reinforcement learning for driving games, AlphaGo)
  • Dialog (select phrases appropriate for the situation)
  • Automatic adjustment of difficulty levels to give the player a good challenge

I am probably missing some big ones, but perhaps something in that list piques your interest.

Thanks a lot, I'llbe sure to check some of these out!