• Advertisement

Help with RPG Maker MV "Political Game" development

I'm an elderly novice, but I want to get my game idea developed using RPG MV. I need help with custom art and coding suggestions on how to make my concepts work as a game.

Nobody would want to even look at a game using RPG Maker's default resources, no matter how potentially original, funny or interesting.

Although I am trying to do this myself, my lack of experience is discouraging, to say the least. The game involves the player helping a "Trump-like" character take over the world, and vice versa. I would be happy to pay for such assistance.

I have a blog where the game idea is more fully elaborated.

Advertisement

This sounds like an interesting idea.  I've never made anything besides tutorial games learning things and playing with rpg maker 2000 as a kid.  I got MV but have been using game maker lately, I understand there isn't much non-RTP style available for MV at the moment.  I don't really like the default either.  If you like this sample I'm sure there's more where that came from, I'm just starting out with pixel art but the concept sounds good.  This sprite is 48*64, it will register as a tall sprite in MV but there are plugins you can use which are just lines of code you copy and paste in a text file and load in the plugin editor.  I think it also uses the position of the sprites on the sheet when it loads them, RPG maker can be finicky.  Post a link to the blog so I can check out the game idea.

trumpmv.gif.156e1118435e9e09934124f414dabcb6.gif

trumpmv.png

Thanks for responding, krb, I was wondering if anybody ever would!

Since I made this post, I have had a ton of fun messing about with RPG Maker MV, and have learned a lot about using Photoshop. But I've made little progress on the GO MAGA game project itself. I suppose the skill building has been extremely worthwhile. I will also need to teach myself basic Java.

Look for my blogs with "GO MAGA" in the title. mmpmagicmodernizationproject.com.

I would love to use your "Trump Badger" sprite in a post to the RPG Maker forum I want to make. In the game, the only changes would be more exaggerated blonde hair with a shiny golden crown on the back of the head, and in the first level he gets his hair (really a wig) and crown stolen by the wascally Wushin Wabbit (the sinister smirking fat little Russian Rabbit made to resemble former ambassador Kislyak) which, of course, will mean he will be bald as a buzzard for the first part of the game.

The main thing I need is motivation. It is fun writing GO MAGA! it almost writes itself, but I am elderly and lazy, and grumpy and it's too cold and television sucks and my neighbors all seem to be afraid of me or something and my kids never call.....oh what a world!

Thanks for responding, krb, I was wondering if anybody ever would!

Since I made this post, I have had a ton of fun messing about with RPG Maker MV, and have learned a lot about using Photoshop. But I've made little progress on the GO MAGA game project itself. I suppose the skill building has been extremely worthwhile. I will also need to teach myself basic Java.

Look for my blogs with "GO MAGA" in the title. mmpmagicmodernizationproject.com.

I would love to use your "Trump Badger" sprite in a post to the RPG Maker forum I want to make. In the game, the only changes would be more exaggerated blonde hair with a shiny golden crown on the back of the head, and in the first level he gets his hair (really a wig) and crown stolen by the wascally Wushin Wabbit (the sinister smirking fat little Russian Rabbit made to resemble former ambassador Kislyak) which, of course, will mean he will be bald as a buzzard for the first part of the game.

The main thing I need is motivation. It is fun writing GO MAGA! it almost writes itself, but I am elderly and lazy, and grumpy and it's too cold and television sucks and my neighbors all seem to be afraid of me or something and my kids never call.....oh what a world!