Procedural Content Genration (Devs please share your thoughts)

Started by
12 comments, last by Geri 6 years, 4 months ago

cjmarsh  Thanks a lot for your inputs, they were really insightful and thought provoking sorry for not specifying the type of procedural generation that i wanted views on (run-time) but you took that into consideration anyway.... thanks again

Advertisement

JoeJ thank you for  your inputs for my questions which were a little broad.

I do understand that the first question i asked was unprofessional and didn't come out the way it was intended to and that's why i'll be rephrasing.

i didnt have used procedural generation of anything in game related things, since probably my 8086 pc, which was very long time ago. 

but i generate procedurally very lot of things in my operating system, such as the default generic wallpaper, window elements, window and background decoration elements, to save a few mbyte from the binary. 

by the way, i dont like procedural generation, i am not good at it, and it can AND will bug differently on every system. its hard to figure out whats going on after you written it, and not touched it for a while.

it could make sense, if somebody can do it properly, but its somehow not my style.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement