I'm dreaming too high?

Started by
52 comments, last by lilington 6 years, 4 months ago

i used to be hardcore player of dark souls, i played every game of the series except for demons souls cause i don't own a ps3, although i would love to play it

but at the same time i hate playing ds3 i just feel like it took so many wrong turns such as ruining poise and making magic not track properly that the game disgusts me beyond redemption

i played bloodborne and nioh for some time and the extra rpgs elements such as runes and set bonuses they added sure felt like what was missing from the game

every time i play one of these games i hate the patch notes i hate the developers and i cannot help but think how great these game would be if only they did it the way i wanted

and this is what motivated me to start learning about game design but it ddn't take long until i realized how hard it would be to do one of these games

i'm dreaming too high is making a souls-like game alone too hard for a single person?

Advertisement

Make or design?

-potential energy is easily made kinetic-

27 minutes ago, Infinisearch said:

Make or design?

what is the difference?

5 minutes ago, ObjectivityGuy said:

what is the difference?

If you make the game, it should be somehow playable in the end. If you design the game, you can pitch it to some company in which case the game still needs to be made.

🧙

1 minute ago, matt77hias said:

If you make the game, it should be somehow playable in the end. If you design the game, you can pitch it to some company in which case the game still needs to be made.

please elaborate on the part of "pitch it to some company" i'm not sure i understand it

1 minute ago, ObjectivityGuy said:

please elaborate on the part of "pitch it to some company" i'm not sure i understand it

Well who is going to actually create your game? Do you intend to do everything on your own or only the design phase in which case all the remaining phases need to be done by some 3th party.

🧙

1 minute ago, matt77hias said:

Well who is going to actually create your game? Do you intend to do everything on your own or only the design phase in which case all the remaining phases need to be done by some 3th party.

i don't think i can afford a entire company to do make the game so yeah i guess i will have to do it myself

53 minutes ago, ObjectivityGuy said:

i don't think i can afford a entire company to do make the game so yeah i guess i will have to do it myself

Well ideally they pay you as a designer instead of the other way around :P

🧙

1 hour ago, ObjectivityGuy said:

Okay, so you're saying you will not only design it but make it too. (That answers the "make or design?" question.) 

2 hours ago, ObjectivityGuy said:

i'm dreaming too high is making a souls-like game alone too hard for a single person?

Since you are asking if it's too hard, it probably is. You have to learn how to program, you have to create graphics and sound, and you have to spend the years of effort to make it happen. 

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

2 minutes ago, Tom Sloper said:

Okay, so you're saying you will not only design it but make it too. (That answers the "make or design?" question.) 

Since you are asking if it's too hard, it probably is. You have to learn how to program, you have to create graphics and sound, and you have to spend the years of effort to make it happen. 

you are right maybes i should try something less technical like writing a book

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement