• Advertisement

Player Run In depth world

I am planning on making a freeroam 3D MMORPG where the players run the world and the main goal is survival. How in depth should the story behind the in game world be?

Advertisement

I worded that really poorly. I was trying to ask how much the story should be geared to help players understand the unique aspects of the gameplay. The game, "Don'know" Is run completely by Players so there is no assistance from NPCs is there any way to determine how much help the players may need?

1 hour ago, Aden Xin said:

How in depth should the story behind the in game world be?

The only thing I can tell you about story is that for every 30 seconds of story you want to show you need 2 minutes of game play before it. The opening is the only exception but some players don't even like that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By Ahrakeen
      Hello My team is working on the game neo arcana a logical crisis.

We are presently looking for coders to help with the user interface for it. as well as a working combat system
      the aim is to have a system where cards represent the skills and abillities of a character. 
      each character wille have core cards that is the make up of what sort of character that is.
      then there will be other skills and abillities that can be shared among the party.

the game itselfls is a strategic roleplayed game turn based. set in an alternate earth where magic is real but suppressed from the common people.
      And we want to use a combat system where a character gets one move and one action per turn.

We are presently working with unreal but if you as a coder have a better idea we are at this stage able to switch engine
      So if interested in this project let me know
    • By Kevin Pudlo
      Airlock 22 is seeking a Sprite Artist to help create the art and animations for a video game we are developing. Artwork is currently just placeholders done by myself until we can get someone with much more experience to help out!
      Responsibilities: 
      - Create Sprites that the Engineering team will be able to bring into the game under production. 
      - Assist with Sprite animations if it is something you are comfortable with. 
      - Collaborate with other team members to develop artwork for current and future projects.
      Requirements: 
      - Ability to work independently 
      - Ability to focus while working remotely 
      - You are able to create your artwork in a well-lit environment
      Pluses: 
      - Experience with Sprite Animation 
      - A very creative mind 
      - Excited to help build a studio from the ground up.
      Please contact me at kevin@airlock22.co
    • By KarimIO
      Hey guys,
      Are lightmaps still the best way to handle static diffuse irradiance, or is SH used for both diffuse and specular irradiance now?
      Also, do any modern games use direct light in lightmaps, or are all direct lighting handled by shadow maps now?
      Finally, how is SH usually baked?
      Thanks!
    • By KarimIO
      Hey guys
      So I was wondering how modern terrain and water geometry works both with and without tesselation. Essentially:
      1) Is Geoclipmapping still the best CPU tesselation technique?
      2) Is Geoclipmapping still used with tesselation?
      3) Is non-tesselated water just flat? Is there any other (reasonable) ways to simulate it? Do people use Geoclipmapping for that too?
      Thanks!
    • By Atwo Studios

Hey guys,

Anthony here from Atwo Studios bringing you some new updates for the new year!
      In this video I go over our game ROY, the new games and some general updates to the company!

If you have not checked out ROY feel free to give it a try! Many people have said they enjoyed the game thus far!
      ROY: https://goo.gl/o6JJ5P

• Advertisement