• Advertisement

Hypergate, a 3D Space-Combat Game, Scheduled for Release 2018

I'm pleased to announce that Hypergate, my 3D space-combat game, will be released in 2018. The game features a single-player campaign of 11 missions, upgradeable fighter components, and both single- and multi-player instant action modes. The game has just achieved alpha status.

But, don't just read about it---watch the exciting demo mission on YouTube: 

Advertisement

The official trailer for Hypergate is here! If you like 3D space combat games, be sure to check out the YouTube trailer below!

I regularly post screenshots on Twitter, so if you're interested in Hypergate be sure to take a look: https://twitter.com/geoff_nagy

Final release is scheduled for December 2018 via Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/809530/Hypergate/

I maintain a sort of development blog where I occasionally post large status updates or milestones: https://singlehandedgamedev.wordpress.com/

Enough blabber---here is the trailer!

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By LuigiLuigi
      I've been working on my own Metroidvania via GameMaker Studio for the past few years. You play as a bat named Ralph as he goes on an adventure to obtain 7 Crystal Medallions hidden in dungeons with the help of a cult known as the Crimson Fog. Along the way, there will be quests unlocked in Cedrus Village as you progress through the game. I've managed to complete a demo of the game up to the first dungeon and boss fight.
      I have only a PC build available, and the only gamepads I managed to install were Logitech Precision and Xbox PC gamepads. I had some trouble on gamepad detection though, so they may have connection issues. The desktop controls are similar to Terarria's control scheme if it's too much trouble. I don't have any music at this point, I'll need to get someone else to compose it later on. The music I make isn't bad, but it doesn't fit the aesthetic that well.
      I'm really hoping I can get feedback regarding the general content.
      Crimson Fog.0.2.zip
    • By mmmax3d
      Hi everyone,
      I would need some assistance from anyone who has a similar experience
      or a nice idea!
      I have created a skybox (as cube) and now I need to add a floor/ground.
      The skybox is created from cubemap and initially it was infinite.
      Now it is finite with a specific size. The floor is a quad in the middle
      of the skybox, like a horizon.
      I have two problems:
      When moving the skybox upwards or downwards, I need to
      sample from points even above the horizon while sampling
      from the botton at the same time.  I am trying to create a seamless blending of the texture
      at the points of the horizon, when the quad is connected
      to the skybox. However, I get skew effects. Does anybody has done sth similar?
      Is there any good practice?
      Thanks everyone!
    • By 4d3d
      Hi there,
      I've been away from 3d Art whilst on Maternity leave and just started to get an hour a day (if i'm lucky) to model while my baby sleeps. This is also my reason for picking something small. Really i'm after some feedback, good or bad, on any improvements, tips on rendering etc. 

Any feedback would be massively appreciated as my time is so precious at the moment that i don't often have time to watch tutorials and research techniques so anything to point me in the right direction would be great.

I've baked down from High-poly and exposed some custom color changing, decals, and number plate naming from substance designer and imported to marmoset.

• By lucky6969b
      Dear folks,
      How do I calculate the axis of rotation between 2 vectors, one of them is the source directional vector, and the second is the destination directional vector.
      Thanks a lot
      Jack
    • By Alexander Winter
      Jumpaï is a game about creating platformer levels and playing them online with everyone. Will you become the most popular level maker or will you be a speedrunner holding world records on everyone's levels? More into casual play? No problem! You can happily play through the giant level database or chill at people's hub. Meet new people, make new friends, learn to master the game by asking pros or ask for people's favorite tricks on level making. Download here: https://jumpai.itch.io/jumpai Discord: https://discord.gg/dwRTNCG   Trailer:      (The following screenshots are older but still a bit representative)  

Unlike other games of its genre, Jumpaï is about playing levels with everyone in real time. You have the fun to see how other people are playing and get to realize you are not the only one failing that jump!

The game is currently into development and still have lots to do. I am looking for people willing to help how they can. Developer? Graphist? Play tester? Sound designer? Game designer? I'm welcoming any talent. The project is so big I have a lot of work to do in all areas. Server backend, UI/UX, Game networking, Gameplay and even the website some day. As you can see from the default buttons, the game has been made with LibGDX. This project is a perfect opportunity for you to get better in various fields as well as showing off your skills.

If you plan to take an important role into the development of the game, we will discuss how you will get paid once the game generates money. Note that I'm not working on the game full-time. I'm studying full-time and working on it is a hobby. The project has started in november 2016 and experiences heavy progress.

So, are you interested? If so join me on my discord https://discord.gg/dwRTNCG and I'll answer all your questions.

Additionnal screenshots:

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!