• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Design Level designer needed for beat em up platformer

LEVEL DESIGNER REQUIRED

Compensation: This is a hobby project. 

Responsibilities: The level designer will make levels with assets in the engine and solid platforms.

Engine used: Game Maker Studio 2.

Knowledge: You don't actually need programming knowledge for Game Maker Studio 2. All you need to do is put on beautiful background layers and tilesets on several different rooms.

E-mail: support@beupe.net

Discord: https://discord.gg/ywbHtdr

Edited by Eios

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Similar Content

• By Sean Meredith
      Hi all, I am starting to develop a tactics game and ran into a problem I had not thought of. I began by drawing a screen with a hex grid, and this is no big deal. I got that working fine. But, I realized it didn't look quite right. This is because in most strategy games, you're not looking straight down. There is a bit of a tilt. Attached is an example of what I mean. The hexagons on bottom are larger than the hexagons on top, and I'm unsure of how to go about adding this effect. Especially when you consider that some maps may be of different sizes. 
      I'm not sure if this is the right place to post something like this, but it seems as though some sort of linear transformation would be applied? No? I don't even know where to begin in a problem like this.
      Thanks.

• By steve negrin
      hello, i'm steve and im designer, i can design any idea and i'm looking for projects to help, if you are interesting write and we can talk about it
    • By Ovicior
      Hey,
      So I'm currently working on a rogue-like top-down game that features melee combat. Getting basic weapon stats like power, weight, and range is not a problem. I am, however, having a problem with coming up with a flexible and dynamic system to allow me to quickly create unique effects for the weapons. I want to essentially create a sort of API that is called when appropriate and gives whatever information is necessary (For example, I could opt to use methods called OnPlayerHit() or IfPlayerBleeding() to implement behavior for each weapon). The issue is, I've never actually made a system as flexible as this.
      My current idea is to make a base abstract weapon class, and then have calls to all the methods when appropriate in there (OnPlayerHit() would be called whenever the player's health is subtracted from, for example). This would involve creating a sub-class for every weapon type and overriding each method to make sure the behavior works appropriately. This does not feel very efficient or clean at all. I was thinking of using interfaces to allow for the implementation of whatever "event" is needed (such as having an interface for OnPlayerAttack(), which would force the creation of a method that is called whenever the player attacks something).

Here's a couple unique weapon ideas I have:
      Explosion sword: Create explosion in attack direction.
      Cold sword: Chance to freeze enemies when they are hit.
      Electric sword: On attack, electricity chains damage to nearby enemies.

I'm basically trying to create a sort of API that'll allow me to easily inherit from a base weapon class and add additional behaviors somehow. One thing to know is that I'm on Unity, and swapping the weapon object's weapon component whenever the weapon changes is not at all a good idea. I need some way to contain all this varying data in one Unity component that can contain a Weapon field to hold all this data. Any ideas?

I'm currently considering having a WeaponController class that can contain a Weapon class, which calls all the methods I use to create unique effects in the weapon (Such as OnPlayerAttack()) when appropriate.
  • Advertisement