• Advertisement

Spawning

Advertisement

You may want to ask questions like these on the Unity Answers site or their forums. Also, I'd recommend quoting the text directly in your posts as it is generally considered unwise to open program files you don't know the contents of on your computer and people will be less likely to read them and assist with your issue.

I did not check the code but what your doing is very simple.

You spawn object in Unity with:

Instantiate(TheObject, Position, Rotation);

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/InstantiatingPrefabs.html

Most of the time you will want to parent it to some kind of object so that you can remove all the child objects at once. I helped somone with a similar code:

It's 2D but has a spawn code inside: https://www.gamedev.net/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=40264

Can you describe your problem in more detail? Sorry I don't have the time to try your code as I am at work.

Edited by Scouting Ninja

well in my game my objects spawn correctly but when the player hit the objects the spawning stop, and the gameover page shows with the replay button on the bottom when i hit the button the spawning objects don't restart they just stay where they were.but i want to spawn the objects again, like flappy bird if you die you hit the restart button and its starts spawning again  

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By LuigiLuigi
      I've been working on my own Metroidvania via GameMaker Studio for the past few years. You play as a bat named Ralph as he goes on an adventure to obtain 7 Crystal Medallions hidden in dungeons with the help of a cult known as the Crimson Fog. Along the way, there will be quests unlocked in Cedrus Village as you progress through the game. I've managed to complete a demo of the game up to the first dungeon and boss fight.
      I have only a PC build available, and the only gamepads I managed to install were Logitech Precision and Xbox PC gamepads. I had some trouble on gamepad detection though, so they may have connection issues. The desktop controls are similar to Terarria's control scheme if it's too much trouble. I don't have any music at this point, I'll need to get someone else to compose it later on. The music I make isn't bad, but it doesn't fit the aesthetic that well.
      I'm really hoping I can get feedback regarding the general content.
      Crimson Fog.0.2.zip
    • By ethancodes
      I've got a bug with my brick breaker style game. The bricks move down one line at a time ever 1.5 seconds. What appears to be happening is occasionally the ball will be just about to hit the brick when the brick moves down a line, and now the ball is behind it. I'm not sure how to fix this. I have two ideas but I'm not sure of implementation. 1 solution would be to check where they were and where they are going to be before rendering the frame. Then if they crossed paths, then register the brick as hit. Solution 2 would be change how the bricks move. I could maybe slide them down line by line, instead of a jump down. I'm not sure of this will fix the issue or not. Any ideas?
    • By Scouting Ninja
      Once again Unity is frustrating me to the point of insanity.
      What I am looking for is a way to find a ray intersect with the edges of the mesh, using Unity's already made collision system. I want to point out that I know how to do a line intersect, what I want to know is if Unity supports this already.

The image above shows how I sweep a ray,intersecting the mesh. The top green image shows what I want and the red shows what Unity is giving me.
      I want to know if there is some way, to find the edges in Unity without creating a custom line intersection tool.
      Most engines I know don't use rays for this but instead use a plane like this:

I checked the Unity "Plane intersection" but it is just a ray cast. It will still need me to find the vertices on the collision mesh to cast the ray from; if I am doing that then making my own line intersection tool is better.

I looked online and can find anything on this. Also I don't want to cut the mesh, so I don't need a way to know what side is what.
      Does Unity even have collisions that support edge only detection?
    • By Alexander Winter
      Jumpaï is a game about creating platformer levels and playing them online with everyone. Will you become the most popular level maker or will you be a speedrunner holding world records on everyone's levels? More into casual play? No problem! You can happily play through the giant level database or chill at people's hub. Meet new people, make new friends, learn to master the game by asking pros or ask for people's favorite tricks on level making. Download here: https://jumpai.itch.io/jumpai Discord: https://discord.gg/dwRTNCG   Trailer:      (The following screenshots are older but still a bit representative)  

Unlike other games of its genre, Jumpaï is about playing levels with everyone in real time. You have the fun to see how other people are playing and get to realize you are not the only one failing that jump!

The game is currently into development and still have lots to do. I am looking for people willing to help how they can. Developer? Graphist? Play tester? Sound designer? Game designer? I'm welcoming any talent. The project is so big I have a lot of work to do in all areas. Server backend, UI/UX, Game networking, Gameplay and even the website some day. As you can see from the default buttons, the game has been made with LibGDX. This project is a perfect opportunity for you to get better in various fields as well as showing off your skills.

If you plan to take an important role into the development of the game, we will discuss how you will get paid once the game generates money. Note that I'm not working on the game full-time. I'm studying full-time and working on it is a hobby. The project has started in november 2016 and experiences heavy progress.

So, are you interested? If so join me on my discord https://discord.gg/dwRTNCG and I'll answer all your questions.

Additionnal screenshots:

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!