• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Optimization Android/iOS GPU/System Debugging

(Posted this in graphics forum too, which was perhaps the wrong forum for it)

Hey, I was wondering if on mobile development (Android mainly but iOS as well if you know of it), if there is a GPUView equivalent for whole system debugging so we can figure out if the CPU/GPU are being pipelined efficiently, if there are bubbles, etc. Also slightly tangent question, but do mobile GPU's have a DMA engine exposed as a dedicated Transfer Queue for Vulkan?

Thanks!

Advertisement
22 minutes ago, hiya83 said:

GPUView equivalent for whole system debugging so we can figure out if the CPU/GPU are being pipelined efficiently

You should have some kind of profiler. For IOS you would use Xcode for this. you need it anyway to build your game.

The way it works is you build a debug game and plug you mobile into your Mac. Then you run the game on your mobile while still plugged in, this should then give you lots of feedback on what is happening.

For Android you use the SDK that you need to build APK files, it has the tools with it.

If your using a engine like Unity or Unreal you will find they have profiling tools in the engine, this is what I always use.

30 minutes ago, hiya83 said:

Also slightly tangent question, but do mobile GPU's have a DMA engine exposed as a dedicated Transfer Queue for Vulkan?

I know these words but not in the order you are presenting them. In layman terms?

1 hour ago, hiya83 said:

Hey, I was wondering if on mobile development (Android mainly but iOS as well if you know of it), if there is a GPUView equivalent for whole system debugging so we can figure out if the CPU/GPU are being pipelined efficiently,

Snapdragon Profiler if you're optimizing for a device using the Snapdragon SoC (most likely).

1 hour ago, Scouting Ninja said:

I know these words but not in the order you are presenting them. In layman terms?

Vulkan exposes concept of command queues which are abstraction of different engines on the GPU. On the PC, a copy/transfer queue is basically a controller for the DMA engine that you can control independent of the graphics/compute engine. Was wondering if it works the same on mobile. 

1 hour ago, khawk said:

Snapdragon Profiler if you're optimizing for a device using the Snapdragon SoC (most likely).

That looks like what I am looking for, I'll give it a shot. Is there something equivalent for iOS?

Thanks!

Edited by hiya83

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By DevAndroid
      Hello everyone,
      I'm trying to display a 2D texture to screen but the rendering isn't working correctly.
      First of all I did follow this tutorial to be able to render a Text to screen (I adapted it to render with OpenGL ES 2.0) : https://learnopengl.com/code_viewer.php?code=in-practice/text_rendering
      So here is the shader I'm using :
      const char gVertexShader[] = "#version 320 es\n" "layout (location = 0) in vec4 vertex;\n" "out vec2 TexCoords;\n" "uniform mat4 projection;\n" "void main() {\n" " gl_Position = projection * vec4(vertex.xy, 0.0, 1.0);\n" " TexCoords = vertex.zw;\n" "}\n"; const char gFragmentShader[] = "#version 320 es\n" "precision mediump float;\n" "in vec2 TexCoords;\n" "out vec4 color;\n" "uniform sampler2D text;\n" "uniform vec3 textColor;\n" "void main() {\n" " vec4 sampled = vec4(1.0, 1.0, 1.0, texture(text, TexCoords).r);\n" " color = vec4(textColor, 1.0) * sampled;\n" "}\n"; The render text works very well so I would like to keep those Shaders program to render a texture loaded from PNG.
      For that I'm using libPNG to load the PNG to a texture, here is my code :
      GLuint Cluster::loadPngFromPath(const char *file_name, int *width, int *height) { png_byte header[8]; FILE *fp = fopen(file_name, "rb"); if (fp == 0) { return 0; } fread(header, 1, 8, fp); if (png_sig_cmp(header, 0, 8)) { fclose(fp); return 0; } png_structp png_ptr = png_create_read_struct(PNG_LIBPNG_VER_STRING, NULL, NULL, NULL); if (!png_ptr) { fclose(fp); return 0; } png_infop info_ptr = png_create_info_struct(png_ptr); if (!info_ptr) { png_destroy_read_struct(&png_ptr, (png_infopp)NULL, (png_infopp)NULL); fclose(fp); return 0; } png_infop end_info = png_create_info_struct(png_ptr); if (!end_info) { png_destroy_read_struct(&png_ptr, &info_ptr, (png_infopp) NULL); fclose(fp); return 0; } if (setjmp(png_jmpbuf(png_ptr))) { png_destroy_read_struct(&png_ptr, &info_ptr, &end_info); fclose(fp); return 0; } png_init_io(png_ptr, fp); png_set_sig_bytes(png_ptr, 8); png_read_info(png_ptr, info_ptr); int bit_depth, color_type; png_uint_32 temp_width, temp_height; png_get_IHDR(png_ptr, info_ptr, &temp_width, &temp_height, &bit_depth, &color_type, NULL, NULL, NULL); if (width) { *width = temp_width; } if (height) { *height = temp_height; } png_read_update_info(png_ptr, info_ptr); int rowbytes = png_get_rowbytes(png_ptr, info_ptr); rowbytes += 3 - ((rowbytes-1) % 4); png_byte * image_data; image_data = (png_byte *) malloc(rowbytes * temp_height * sizeof(png_byte)+15); if (image_data == NULL) { png_destroy_read_struct(&png_ptr, &info_ptr, &end_info); fclose(fp); return 0; } png_bytep * row_pointers = (png_bytep *) malloc(temp_height * sizeof(png_bytep)); if (row_pointers == NULL) { png_destroy_read_struct(&png_ptr, &info_ptr, &end_info); free(image_data); fclose(fp); return 0; } int i; for (i = 0; i < temp_height; i++) { row_pointers[temp_height - 1 - i] = image_data + i * rowbytes; } png_read_image(png_ptr, row_pointers); GLuint texture; glGenTextures(1, &texture); glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texture); glPixelStorei(GL_UNPACK_ALIGNMENT, 1); glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_ZERO, GL_RGB, temp_width, temp_height, GL_ZERO, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, image_data); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_LINEAR); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_LINEAR); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_R, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE); png_destroy_read_struct(&png_ptr, &info_ptr, &end_info); free(image_data); free(row_pointers); fclose(fp); return texture; } This code just generates the texture and I store the id on memory
      And then I want to display my texture on any position (X, Y) of my screen so I did the following (That's works, at least the positioning).
      //MY TEXTURE IS 32x32 pixels ! void Cluster::printTexture(GLuint idTexture, GLfloat x, GLfloat y) { glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE0); glBindVertexArray(VAO); GLfloat vertices[6][4] = { { x, y + 32, 0.0, 0.0 }, { x, y, 0.0, 1.0 }, { x + 32, y, 1.0, 1.0 }, { x, y + 32, 0.0, 0.0 }, { x + 32, y, 1.0, 1.0 }, { x + 32, y + 32, 1.0, 0.0 } }; glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, idTexture); glBindBuffer(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, VBO); glBufferSubData(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, GL_ZERO, sizeof(vertices), vertices); glBindBuffer(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, GL_ZERO); glUniform1i(this->mTextShaderHandle, GL_ZERO); glDrawArrays(GL_TRIANGLE_STRIP, GL_ZERO, 6); } My .png is a blue square.
      The result is that my texture is not loaded correctly. It is not complete and there are many small black spots. I don't know what's going on ? It could be the vertices or the load ? Or maybe I need to add something on the shader. I don't know, I really need help.
      Thanks !
    • By DelicateTreeFrog
      I have a 9-slice shader working mostly nicely:

Here, both the sprites are separate images, so the shader code works well:
      varying vec4 color; varying vec2 texCoord; uniform sampler2D tex; uniform vec2 u_dimensions; uniform vec2 u_border; float map(float value, float originalMin, float originalMax, float newMin, float newMax) { return (value - originalMin) / (originalMax - originalMin) * (newMax - newMin) + newMin; } // Helper function, because WET code is bad code // Takes in the coordinate on the current axis and the borders float processAxis(float coord, float textureBorder, float windowBorder) { if (coord < windowBorder) return map(coord, 0, windowBorder, 0, textureBorder) ; if (coord < 1 - windowBorder) return map(coord, windowBorder, 1 - windowBorder, textureBorder, 1 - textureBorder); return map(coord, 1 - windowBorder, 1, 1 - textureBorder, 1); } void main(void) { vec2 newUV = vec2( processAxis(texCoord.x, u_border.x, u_dimensions.x), processAxis(texCoord.y, u_border.y, u_dimensions.y) ); // Output the color gl_FragColor = texture2D(tex, newUV); } External from the shader, I upload vec2(slice/box.w, slice/box.h) into the u_dimensions variable, and vec2(slice/clip.w, slice/clip.h) into u_border. In this scenario, box represents the box dimensions, and clip represents dimensions of the 24x24 image to be 9-sliced, and slice is 8 (the size of each slice in pixels).
      This is great and all, but it's very disagreeable if I decide I'm going to organize the various 9-slice images into a single image sprite sheet.

Because OpenGL works between 0.0 and 1.0 instead of true pixel coordinates, and processes the full images rather than just the contents of the clipping rectangles, I'm kind of stumped about how to tell the shader to do what I need it to do. Anyone have pro advice on how to get it to be more sprite-sheet-friendly? Thank you!
    • By cgaish
      Hi,
      I am trying to implement a custom texture atlas creator tool in C++, need suggestion regarding any opensource fast API or library for image import and export?
      Also this tool will compress the final output atlas image into multiple formats like DXT5, PVRTC and ETC based on user input, what should be the best way to implement this?
      Thanks
    • By Psychopathetica
      Not long ago, I create a nice OBJ loader that loads 3D Studio Max files. Only problem is, is that although it works and works great, I wasn't using Vertex Buffers. Now that I applied Vertex Buffers, it seems to only use the first color of the texture and spread it all across the poiygon. I examined my code over and over again, and the Vertex Buffer code is correct. But when I comment out all of my vertex buffer code, it works as intended. I practically given up on fixing it on my own, so hopefully you guys will be able to figure out what is wrong.
      public static final int BYTES_PER_FLOAT = 4; public static final int POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_3D = 4; public static final int COLOR_COMPONENT_COUNT = 4; public static final int TEXTURE_COORDINATES_COMPONENT_COUNT = 2; public static final int NORMAL_COMPONENT_COUNT = 3; public static final int POSITION_COMPONENT_STRIDE_2D = POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_2D * BYTES_PER_FLOAT; public static final int POSITION_COMPONENT_STRIDE_3D = POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_3D * BYTES_PER_FLOAT; public static final int COLOR_COMPONENT_STRIDE = COLOR_COMPONENT_COUNT * BYTES_PER_FLOAT; public static final int TEXTURE_COORDINATE_COMPONENT_STRIDE = TEXTURE_COORDINATES_COMPONENT_COUNT * BYTES_PER_FLOAT; public static final int NORMAL_COMPONENT_STRIDE = NORMAL_COMPONENT_COUNT * BYTES_PER_FLOAT; int loadFile() { ArrayList<Vertex3D> tempVertexArrayList = new ArrayList<Vertex3D>(); ArrayList<TextureCoord2D> tempTextureCoordArrayList = new ArrayList<TextureCoord2D>(); ArrayList<Vector3D> tempNormalArrayList = new ArrayList<Vector3D>(); ArrayList<Face3D> tempFaceArrayList = new ArrayList<Face3D>(); StringBuilder body = new StringBuilder(); try { InputStream inputStream = context.getResources().openRawResource(resourceID); InputStreamReader inputStreamReader = new InputStreamReader(inputStream); BufferedReader bufferedReader = new BufferedReader(inputStreamReader); String nextLine; String subString; String[] stringArray; String[] stringArray2; int[] indexNumberList = new int[3]; int[] textureCoordNumberList = new int[3]; int[] normalNumberList = new int[3]; int i = 0; int j = 0; int k = 0; try { while ((nextLine = bufferedReader.readLine()) != null) { if (nextLine.startsWith("v ")) { subString = nextLine.substring(1).trim(); stringArray = subString.split(" "); try { tempVertexArrayList.add(new Vertex3D(Float.parseFloat(stringArray[0]), Float.parseFloat(stringArray[1]), Float.parseFloat(stringArray[2]), 1f)); } catch(NumberFormatException e){ Log.d(TAG, "Error: Invalid number format in loading vertex list"); return 0; } String x = String.valueOf(tempVertexArrayList.get(i).x); String y = String.valueOf(tempVertexArrayList.get(i).y); String z = String.valueOf(tempVertexArrayList.get(i).z); //Log.d(TAG, "vertex " + String.valueOf(i) + ": " + x + ", " + y + ", " + z); i++; } if (nextLine.startsWith("vn ")) { subString = nextLine.substring(2).trim(); stringArray = subString.split(" "); try { if(reverseNormals){ tempNormalArrayList.add(new Vector3D(-Float.parseFloat(stringArray[0]), -Float.parseFloat(stringArray[1]), -Float.parseFloat(stringArray[2]))); } else{ tempNormalArrayList.add(new Vector3D(Float.parseFloat(stringArray[0]), Float.parseFloat(stringArray[1]), Float.parseFloat(stringArray[2]))); } } catch(NumberFormatException e){ Log.d(TAG, "Error: Invalid number format in loading normal list"); return 0; } String nx = String.valueOf(tempNormalArrayList.get(j).x); String ny = String.valueOf(tempNormalArrayList.get(j).y); String nz = String.valueOf(tempNormalArrayList.get(j).z); //Log.d(TAG, "normal " + String.valueOf(j) + ": " + nx + ", " + ny + ", " + nz); j++; } if (nextLine.startsWith("vt ")) { subString = nextLine.substring(2).trim(); stringArray = subString.split(" "); try { tempTextureCoordArrayList.add(new TextureCoord2D(Float.parseFloat(stringArray[0]), Float.parseFloat(stringArray[1]))); } catch(NumberFormatException e){ Log.d(TAG, "Error: Invalid number format in loading texture coordinate list"); return 0; } String tu = String.valueOf(tempTextureCoordArrayList.get(k).tu); String tv = String.valueOf(tempTextureCoordArrayList.get(k).tv); //Log.d(TAG, "texture coord " + String.valueOf(k) + ": " + tu + ", " + tv); k++; } if (nextLine.startsWith("f ")) { subString = nextLine.substring(1).trim(); stringArray = subString.split(" "); for (int index = 0; index <= 2; index++) { stringArray2 = stringArray[index].split("/"); try { indexNumberList[index] = Integer.parseInt(stringArray2[0]) - 1; if(indexNumberList[index] < 0){ Log.d(TAG, "Error: indexNumberList[] is less than zero"); return 0; } } catch(NumberFormatException e){ Log.d(TAG, "Error: Invalid number format in loading indexNumberList[]"); return 0; } try{ textureCoordNumberList[index] = Integer.parseInt(stringArray2[1]) - 1; if(textureCoordNumberList[index] < 0){ Log.d(TAG, "Error: textureCoordNumberList[] is less than zero"); return 0; } } catch(NumberFormatException e){ Log.d(TAG, "Error: Invalid number format in loading textureCoordNumberList[]"); return 0; } try{ normalNumberList[index] = Integer.parseInt(stringArray2[2]) - 1; if(normalNumberList[index] < 0){ Log.d(TAG, "Error: normalNumberList[] is less than zero"); return 0; } } catch(NumberFormatException e){ Log.d(TAG, "Error: Invalid number format in loading normalNumberList[]"); return 0; } } tempFaceArrayList.add(new Face3D(indexNumberList[0], textureCoordNumberList[0], normalNumberList[0], indexNumberList[1], textureCoordNumberList[1], normalNumberList[1], indexNumberList[2], textureCoordNumberList[2], normalNumberList[2])); } body.append(nextLine); body.append('\n'); } //Now that everything has successfully loaded, you can now populate the public variables. if(tempVertexArrayList != null && tempVertexArrayList.size() != 0) vertexArrayList.addAll(tempVertexArrayList); if(tempTextureCoordArrayList != null && tempTextureCoordArrayList.size() != 0) textureCoordArrayList.addAll(tempTextureCoordArrayList); if(tempNormalArrayList != null && tempNormalArrayList.size() != 0) normalArrayList.addAll(tempNormalArrayList); if(tempFaceArrayList != null && tempFaceArrayList.size() != 0) faceArrayList.addAll(tempFaceArrayList); vertexList = new float[faceArrayList.size() * POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_3D * NUMBER_OF_SIDES_PER_FACE]; indexList = new short[faceArrayList.size() * NUMBER_OF_SIDES_PER_FACE]; colorList = new float[faceArrayList.size() * COLOR_COMPONENT_COUNT * NUMBER_OF_SIDES_PER_FACE]; textureCoordList = new float[faceArrayList.size() * TEXTURE_COORDINATES_COMPONENT_COUNT * NUMBER_OF_SIDES_PER_FACE]; normalList = new float[faceArrayList.size() * NORMAL_COMPONENT_COUNT * NUMBER_OF_SIDES_PER_FACE]; int nextFace = 0; int step = POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_3D * NUMBER_OF_SIDES_PER_FACE; for (int currentVertex = 0; currentVertex < vertexList.length; currentVertex += step){ vertexList[currentVertex + 0] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(0)).x; vertexList[currentVertex + 1] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(0)).y; vertexList[currentVertex + 2] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(0)).z; vertexList[currentVertex + 3] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(0)).w; vertexList[currentVertex + 4] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(1)).x; vertexList[currentVertex + 5] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(1)).y; vertexList[currentVertex + 6] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(1)).z; vertexList[currentVertex + 7] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(1)).w; vertexList[currentVertex + 8] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(2)).x; vertexList[currentVertex + 9] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(2)).y; vertexList[currentVertex + 10] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(2)).z; vertexList[currentVertex + 11] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(2)).w; nextFace++; } numberOfVertices = vertexList.length / POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_3D; nextFace = 0; for (int currentIndex = 0; currentIndex < indexList.length; currentIndex += NUMBER_OF_SIDES_PER_FACE){ indexList[currentIndex + 0] = faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(0).shortValue(); indexList[currentIndex + 1] = faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(1).shortValue(); indexList[currentIndex + 2] = faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(2).shortValue(); } step = COLOR_COMPONENT_COUNT * NUMBER_OF_SIDES_PER_FACE; for (int currentVertex = 0; currentVertex < colorList.length; currentVertex += step){ colorList[currentVertex + 0] = red; colorList[currentVertex + 1] = green; colorList[currentVertex + 2] = blue; colorList[currentVertex + 3] = alpha; colorList[currentVertex + 4] = red; colorList[currentVertex + 5] = green; colorList[currentVertex + 6] = blue; colorList[currentVertex + 7] = alpha; colorList[currentVertex + 8] = red; colorList[currentVertex + 9] = green; colorList[currentVertex + 10] = blue; colorList[currentVertex + 11] = alpha; } nextFace = 0; step = TEXTURE_COORDINATES_COMPONENT_COUNT * NUMBER_OF_SIDES_PER_FACE; for (int currentVertex = 0; currentVertex < textureCoordList.length; currentVertex += step){ textureCoordList[currentVertex + 0] = textureCoordArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).textureCoordNumberList.get(0)).tu * mult; textureCoordList[currentVertex + 1] = textureCoordArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).textureCoordNumberList.get(0)).tv * mult; textureCoordList[currentVertex + 2] = textureCoordArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).textureCoordNumberList.get(1)).tu * mult; textureCoordList[currentVertex + 3] = textureCoordArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).textureCoordNumberList.get(1)).tv * mult; textureCoordList[currentVertex + 4] = textureCoordArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).textureCoordNumberList.get(2)).tu * mult; textureCoordList[currentVertex + 5] = textureCoordArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).textureCoordNumberList.get(2)).tv * mult; nextFace++; } nextFace = 0; step = NORMAL_COMPONENT_COUNT * NUMBER_OF_SIDES_PER_FACE; for (int currentVertex = 0; currentVertex < normalList.length; currentVertex += step){ normalList[currentVertex + 0] = normalArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).normalNumberList.get(0)).x; normalList[currentVertex + 1] = normalArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).normalNumberList.get(0)).y; normalList[currentVertex + 2] = normalArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).normalNumberList.get(0)).z; normalList[currentVertex + 3] = normalArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).normalNumberList.get(1)).x; normalList[currentVertex + 4] = normalArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).normalNumberList.get(1)).y; normalList[currentVertex + 5] = normalArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).normalNumberList.get(1)).z; normalList[currentVertex + 6] = normalArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).normalNumberList.get(2)).x; normalList[currentVertex + 7] = normalArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).normalNumberList.get(2)).y; normalList[currentVertex + 8] = normalArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).normalNumberList.get(2)).z; nextFace++; } vertexBuffer = ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(vertexList.length * BYTES_PER_FLOAT).order(ByteOrder.nativeOrder()).asFloatBuffer(); indexBuffer = ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(indexList.length * BYTES_PER_FLOAT).order(ByteOrder.nativeOrder()).asShortBuffer(); colorBuffer = ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(colorList.length * BYTES_PER_FLOAT).order(ByteOrder.nativeOrder()).asFloatBuffer(); textureCoordBuffer = ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(textureCoordList.length * BYTES_PER_FLOAT).order(ByteOrder.nativeOrder()).asFloatBuffer(); normalBuffer = ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(normalList.length * BYTES_PER_FLOAT).order(ByteOrder.nativeOrder()).asFloatBuffer(); vertexBuffer.put(vertexList).position(0); indexBuffer.put(indexList).position(0); colorBuffer.put(colorList).position(0); textureCoordBuffer.put(textureCoordList).position(0); normalBuffer.put(normalList).position(0); createVertexBuffer(); uMVPMatrixHandle = glGetUniformLocation(program, U_MVPMATRIX); uMVMatrixHandle = glGetUniformLocation(program, U_MVMATRIX); uTextureUnitHandle = glGetUniformLocation(program, U_TEXTURE_UNIT); aPositionHandle = glGetAttribLocation(program, A_POSITION); aColorHandle = glGetAttribLocation(program, A_COLOR); aTextureCoordinateHandle = glGetAttribLocation(program, A_TEXTURE_COORDINATES); aNormalHandle = glGetAttribLocation(program, A_NORMAL); glEnableVertexAttribArray(aPositionHandle); glEnableVertexAttribArray(aColorHandle); glEnableVertexAttribArray(aTextureCoordinateHandle); glEnableVertexAttribArray(aNormalHandle); glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE0); glUniform1i(uTextureUnitHandle, 0); } catch(IOException e){ } } catch (Resources.NotFoundException nfe){ throw new RuntimeException("Resource not found: " + resourceID, nfe); } return 1; } public void draw(){ glEnable(GL_DEPTH_TEST); bindData(); glBindBuffer(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, vertexBufferObject[0]); glDrawArrays(GL_TRIANGLES, 0, faceArrayList.size() * NUMBER_OF_SIDES_PER_FACE); glBindBuffer(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, 0); } public void bindData(){ int offset = 0; glBindBuffer(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, vertexBufferObject[0]); glVertexAttribPointer(aPositionHandle, POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_3D, GL_FLOAT, false, POSITION_COMPONENT_STRIDE_3D, offset); offset += POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_3D; glVertexAttribPointer(aColorHandle, COLOR_COMPONENT_COUNT, GL_FLOAT, false, COLOR_COMPONENT_STRIDE, numberOfVertices * offset * BYTES_PER_FLOAT); offset += COLOR_COMPONENT_COUNT; glVertexAttribPointer(aTextureCoordinateHandle, TEXTURE_COORDINATES_COMPONENT_COUNT, GL_FLOAT, false, TEXTURE_COORDINATE_COMPONENT_STRIDE, numberOfVertices * offset * BYTES_PER_FLOAT); offset += TEXTURE_COORDINATES_COMPONENT_COUNT; glVertexAttribPointer(aNormalHandle, NORMAL_COMPONENT_COUNT, GL_FLOAT, false, NORMAL_COMPONENT_STRIDE, numberOfVertices * offset * BYTES_PER_FLOAT); glBindBuffer(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, 0); ///////////////////////////////////////////////////// /* vertexBuffer.position(0); glVertexAttribPointer(aPositionHandle, POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_3D, GL_FLOAT, false, POSITION_COMPONENT_STRIDE_3D, vertexBuffer); colorBuffer.position(0); glVertexAttribPointer(aColorHandle, COLOR_COMPONENT_COUNT, GL_FLOAT, false, COLOR_COMPONENT_STRIDE, colorBuffer); textureCoordBuffer.position(0); glVertexAttribPointer(aTextureCoordinateHandle, TEXTURE_COORDINATES_COMPONENT_COUNT, GL_FLOAT, false, TEXTURE_COORDINATE_COMPONENT_STRIDE, textureCoordBuffer); normalBuffer.position(0); glVertexAttribPointer(aNormalHandle, NORMAL_COMPONENT_COUNT, GL_FLOAT, false, NORMAL_COMPONENT_STRIDE, normalBuffer); */ } public void createVertexBuffer(){ glGenBuffers(1, vertexBufferObject, 0); glBindBuffer(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, vertexBufferObject[0]); glBufferData(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER,numberOfVertices * (POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_3D + COLOR_COMPONENT_COUNT + TEXTURE_COORDINATES_COMPONENT_COUNT + NORMAL_COMPONENT_COUNT) * BYTES_PER_FLOAT, null, GL_STATIC_DRAW); int offset = 0; glBufferSubData(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, offset, numberOfVertices * POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_3D * BYTES_PER_FLOAT, vertexBuffer); offset += POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_3D; glBufferSubData(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, numberOfVertices * offset * BYTES_PER_FLOAT, numberOfVertices * COLOR_COMPONENT_COUNT * BYTES_PER_FLOAT, colorBuffer); offset += COLOR_COMPONENT_COUNT; glBufferSubData(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, numberOfVertices * offset * BYTES_PER_FLOAT, numberOfVertices * TEXTURE_COORDINATES_COMPONENT_COUNT * BYTES_PER_FLOAT, textureCoordBuffer); offset += TEXTURE_COORDINATES_COMPONENT_COUNT; glBufferSubData(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, numberOfVertices * offset * BYTES_PER_FLOAT, numberOfVertices * NORMAL_COMPONENT_COUNT * BYTES_PER_FLOAT, normalBuffer); glBindBuffer(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, 0); }  
    • By turanszkij
      Hi, running Vulkan with the latest SDK, validation layers enabled I just got the following warning:
      That is really strange, because in DX11 we can have 15 constant buffers per shader stage. And my device (Nvidia GTX 1050 is DX11 compatible of course) Did anyone else run into the same issue? How is it usually handled? I would prefer not enforcing less amount of CBs for the Vulkan device and be as closely compliant to DX11 as possible. Any idea what could be the reason behind this limitation?
  • Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!