Easiest to use free physics plugin for directx 11 engine in c++?

Started by
4 comments, last by mister345 6 years, 4 months ago

Hi, I'm building a game engine using DirectX11 in c++.

I need a basic physics engine to handle collisions and motion, and no time to write my own.

What is the easiest solution for this? Bullet and PhysX both seem too complicated and would still require writing my own wrapper classes, it seems. 

I found this thing called PAL - physics abstraction layer that can support bullet, physx, etc, but it's so old and no info on how to download or install it.

The simpler the better. Please let me know, thanks!

Advertisement
6 hours ago, mister345 said:

would still require writing my own wrapper classes, it seems.

Why do you need wrappers? 

14 hours ago, Hodgman said:

Why do you need wrappers? 

Anything that saves time and effort. If I have to write my own stuff to integrate their engine, I will. The bottom line is, I need a physics engine to handle the physics in my game. The easier to install the better. I downloaded nvidia physx and have been trying to build it for hours now, can't even get it to compile. There's absolutely no documentation or tutorials on it.  I don't care about performance, just need an average 3d physics system that is easy to integrate into my DirectX 11 engine. Physx seems impossible to use since it won't even build in VS2015 or 2017. So if you know of anything like this, please let me know, thanks so much.

You can try Bounce if you didn't like PhysX: https://github.com/irlanrobson/bounce

7 hours ago, Randy Gaul said:

You can try Bounce if you didn't like PhysX: https://github.com/irlanrobson/bounce

Thank you, I'll look into it. I don't dislike PhysX, I just can't get it to build or run in VS2017, and the only documentation/tutorials I could find were based on VS2010, so it wasn't feasible. Loved your 2D phys engine tutorial by the way, Randy. I was learning from that before.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement