• Advertisement

Looking for an Artist for an Android 2d Top-Down Shooter

I am working on a multiplayer Android game using OpenGL ES in Android Studio. The game is planned as a 2d top-down shooter, in which the players survive while defeating waves of enemies. Coordination between the players is required to defeat the enemies, due to the enemy design - for an example, some enemies can be seen only by the player they target, and must be killed by others.

I have already implemented basic menus and mechanics for the game, and am currently searching for a 2d artist to create graphics for the game.

I can be contacted at ron_solan@walla.com

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Similar Content

• By EddieK
      Hi, so I'm trying to pack 4 color values into a single 32-bit float but I'm having some issues. The resulting color values which I am getting are not correct. What could be wrong here?
      This is the part of code where I pack the 4 bytes into a single float in Java
      byte [] colorBytes = new byte[4]; colorBytes[0] = (byte)(color.x*256); colorBytes[1] = (byte)(color.y*256); colorBytes[2] = (byte)(color.z*256); colorBytes[3] = (byte)(color.w*256); vertexManager.appendVertexColorData(ByteBuffer.wrap(colorBytes).order(ByteOrder.LITTLE_ENDIAN).getFloat()); I also tried this:
      bitSh.x = 1.0f/(256.0f*256.0f*256.0f); bitSh.y = 1.0f/(256.0f*256.0f); bitSh.z = 1.0f/(256.0f); bitSh.w = 1.0f; color.x = object.vertexColorData[i*4+0]*r; color.y = object.vertexColorData[i*4+1]*g; color.z = object.vertexColorData[i*4+2]*b; color.w = object.vertexColorData[i*4+3]*a; vertexManager.appendVertexColorData(color.dot(bitSh)); But it didn't work either, though it gave me different results, both are incorrect.
      This is the vertex shader:
      uniform mat4 MVPMatrix; // model-view-projection matrix attribute vec4 position; attribute vec2 textureCoords; attribute float color; varying vec4 outColor; varying vec2 outTexCoords; const vec4 bitSh = vec4(256.0*256.0*256.0, 256.0*256.0, 256.0, 1.0); const vec4 bitMsk = vec4(0.0, 1.0/256.0, 1.0/256.0, 1.0/256.0); vec4 unpack_float(const float value) { vec4 res = fract(value * bitSh); res -= res.xxyz * bitMsk; return res; } void main() { outTexCoords = textureCoords; outColor = unpack_float(color); gl_Position = MVPMatrix * position; }  
      And this is the fragment shader:
      precision lowp float; uniform sampler2D texture; varying vec4 outColor; varying vec2 outTexCoords; varying vec3 outNormal; void main() { gl_FragColor = texture2D(texture, outTexCoords) * outColor; }  
      Thanks in advance.
    • By owenjr
      Hi there.
      I'm pretty new to this and I don't know if it has been asked before, but here I go.
      I'm developing a game using SFML and C++.
      I would like to use the "Tiled" tool to load maps into my game but I don't actually find any tutorial or guide on how to exaclty use it (I know that I have to read an XML file and stuff). I just step into diverse projects that make all a mess. 
      Anyone knows where can I find good information to make my map loader by myself?
      Thanks in advantage!!
    • By GhostarWhite7
      Today again I painted the next drawing. I look at him and I understand that something is wrong in him. Can problems with the prospect or with black and white or with the composition or is everything terrible? help me figure it out, help.. My english is not very well, i'm from russia and i want to draw for game

• By MHG OstryTM
      Hello guys,
      I've released my game for the first time. I'm very excited about it and I hope you'll enjoy the game - Beer Ranger. It's a retro-like puzzle-platfromer which makes you think a lot or die trying. You have a squad of skilled dwarfs with special powers and your goal is tasty beer. There is a lot of traps as well as many solutions how to endure them - it is up to your choice how to complete the level! 
      Link to the project: Project site
      Link to the Steam site with video: Beer Ranger
      Have fun and please write feedback if you feel up to.
      Some screens: 

• By Manuel Berger
      Hello fellow devs!
      Once again I started working on an 2D adventure game and right now I'm doing the character-movement/animation. I'm not a big math guy and I was happy about my solution, but soon I realized that it's flawed.
      My player has 5 walking-animations, mirrored for the left side: up, upright, right, downright, down. With the atan2 function I get the angle between player and destination. To get an index from 0 to 4, I divide PI by 5 and see how many times it goes into the player-destination angle.

In Pseudo-Code:
      angle = atan2(destination.x - player.x, destination.y - player.y) //swapped y and x to get mirrored angle around the y axis
      index = (int) (angle / (PI / 5));
      PlayAnimation(index); //0 = up, 1 = up_right, 2 = right, 3 = down_right, 4 = down

Besides the fact that when angle is equal to PI it produces an index of 5, this works like a charm. Or at least I thought so at first. When I tested it, I realized that the up and down animation is playing more often than the others, which is pretty logical, since they have double the angle.

What I'm trying to achieve is something like this, but with equal angles, so that up and down has the same range as all other directions.

I can't get my head around it. Any suggestions? Is the whole approach doomed?

Thank you in advance for any input!

• Advertisement