• Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By Ty Typhoon
      So me and my co try to do a game.
      It should be in unity couse my co do everything in this engine.

We got the rpg package from evila for inventor, but it only runs on pc right now.

I like to make a online store for guns in the game and a multiplayer open world that runs on pc, android, mobile, ps4, xbox one. 
      Somebody told me that you "only" need to program it like so and that its possible in every engine...

So if you are one of the lucky guys who could help me out or programm that, or even if you know a newer better package for maybe unreal which offers that - please let me know now.

And yes, this is no recruitment post.
      But if youre interested to join my team as a programmer you are very welcome.

Also discord:
      Joerg Federmann Composing#2898
    • By FB Fresh
      I would like to know if there are any game developers/ designers who could spare a few minutes for an email/ phone call interview if so please let me know ASAP very much appreciated thank you.
    • By Octane_Test
      I am developing a mini golf game in Scenekit. I have applied dynamic physics body to the ball and static physics body to the grass surface and the brick walls show in this image.
      Issue:
      When I apply the force to the ball, the ball’s linear and angular speeds change as shown in the graphs.  The ball’s speeds don’t reduce to zero (so that the ball can stop) but remains constant after certain value.
      Ball linear speed graph
      Ball angular speed graph
      Analysis Tests:
      When I increase the values to both the rolling friction and the friction, the ball speed is reduced quickly but remains constant after certain value (similar to the above graphs). When I increase the values of the linear damping and the angular damping, the ball speed behavior is same as the point #1. When I set the gravity value to -9.8 m/s2, the ball’s linear speed remains constant after 0.1 m/s. If I reduce the gravity value to -5 m/s2, the ball’s linear speed remains constant after 0.05 m/s. The friction, linear friction, linear damping and angular damping are same throughout the motion of the ball.
      There is 1 millimeter overlapping between the ball and the surface of the golf course.
      Questions:
      From the analysis test #3, I think the gravity is causing the constant ball speed issue. Is my assumption correct? If yes, how can I fix the issue? I can’t remove the gravity field as without the gravity field the ball will not roll along the grass and it will slide. Why the friction and the damping properties are not affecting the ball speed after certain value?
      Are there any other physics properties can cause such issue?
      From the analysis test #5, are there any chances that the ball is receiving upward push to correct the position of the ball?
      Solutions:
      If I increase the physics timestep from 60 FPS to 200 FPS, the issue is resolved. I am not able to understand how this change can fix this issue? After reducing the gravity value to -1 m/s2 and physics simulation speed to 4 (4 times fast physics simulation), the issue is fixed. Again, I am not able to understand how this change fix the issue? I would appreciate any suggestions and thoughts on this topic. Thank you.
    • By Sandman Academy
      Downloadable at:
      https://virva.itch.io/sandman-academy
      https://gamejolt.com/games/sandmanacademy/329088
      https://www.indiexpo.net/en/games/sandman-academy
      https://www.gamefront.com/@sandmanacademy
      http://www.indiedb.com/games/sandman-academy
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Hello!

Trying to create a physics puzzle game in my "free" time.
So far it's going very steady, but slow.
Hope to get some feedback from you!

Area86_logo_315x250.png

Area 86 is a physics-based game, that lets you control a robot at a secret place in space.
From simple item moving to custom imagined solutions with item picking, throwing, combining and activating!
Explore & examine all possibilities each place has to offer and do your best to get further.
But remember, each action has consequences and thus could break or make something unexpected.

SmallIcon86.png

Quick overlook of main features:

• Physics-based gameplay with no bugs or whatsoever
  • Tasks that give you more clue on how to do things wrong
  • Controllable robot who can be blamed for all consequences
  • Includes more than 1 level and each level contains less than 12 possible tasks to complete [ not in free version ]
  • Secret places and hidden objects for extra challenge

What can you find in the free downloadable version:
One fully completable level with 6 tasks and 2 hidden special items to discover.
From the task list, 2 are main tasks which you should complete to get further and then there are 4 other tasks that should challenge your thinking.
One of the secret items is visible instant, but you need to figure out how to collect it, while the other special item is hiding.
Another extra feature is visual hints, that should force your thinking of discovering features.

Download playable version for your system:

Download_Win.png  Download_Linux.png  Download_OSX.png

turbo_run.gif

SwitchToDark.gif

DidNotBreak4.gif

Advertisement