• Advertisement

What are your first experiences with Steam Direct?

Hey, i am on the way of developing a game i am willing to publish (if it turns out good ofc).

Since i have never published before i have a question to you guys. Best would be if you have published on Steam Direct.

How much sales / revenue can i expect in the first month with a $0.50 title? Don’t get me wrong. I am not doing it for the money but i have to get the $100 publishing fee back in a reasonable amount of time.

I have absolutely no clue. I don’t know if there will we no sales in the first month, or ten, or even twenty?  I am asking for your experiences preferably with Steam Direct

Edited by SSOC
Typos

Advertisement

What do you value more?
A. Having alot of people playing your game, and giving you feedback?

or...

B. Possibly (not likely) "making" $100 for something that probably took you months to make? (There are quicker ways to make 100$)

Hi in my case i make 100$ from very very simple game with price of 1$ in 3 month ~~75$ in ~~first week and ~~25$ in next ~~3 month and then it's stop's ,so i did not see you game so I can not compare to mine or judge what it can make but this is my exp and you can make 100$ back from very very simple game like my you can check

http://store.steampowered.com/app/700610/DungeonGOGO

On 19/12/2017 at 9:30 AM, SSOC said:

How much sales / revenue can i expect in the first month with a $0.50 title?

We don't know.

Is your game good?  Fun to play?  Does it look good?  Does it look fun?  How are you marketing it?

Just being on Steam doesn't necessarily guarantee you any sales, it depends on your game and what you do to sell it.

You will likely get at least a few sales just for being there, but there's really no guarantee.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Similar Content

• By Tea's Jams
      I'm not a beginner per se, but I don't see an introduce yourself section, so I figured this was the best place for this.

I'm an Indie Game dev, I have had one finished game place well in a Jam and consider myself primarily a writer. I also have a YouTube channel where I review mostly game jam entries for the various game jams held throughout the year, but I enjoy playing all kinds of indie games regardless. 

If you would like to see some of the games and jams I've covered, please feel free to check out my channel

Here's a link to my latest vid, this game was STELLAR

EDIT* I see now I should have put this in Announcements, sorry guys!

• By tomcalm
      So I've decided to make a multiplayer mod for dark souls, the idea was to cut a lot out of the game and make a multiplayer 5v5 or 3v3 with Stat and Item presets so the player could just go in with out the steep learning curve. 
      I have no experience what so ever. But a lot of time and patience.
    • By nickyc95
      Hi.
      I'm kind of late to this party but I thought I would ask anyway as I haven't found a concrete answer.

When creating a game engine, when should you choose one methodology over another (more specifically OOP and DOD)? Which areas benefit from DOD? Which areas benefit from OOP? Do people typically mix multiple methodologies throughout a project? I.e. certain sub-systems created in one, and others in the another?  
      DOD - Data Oriented Design
      OOP - Object Oriented Design

Pretty simple
      Thanks
    • By RoKabium Games
      We've now started desinging the 3rd level of "Something Ate My Alien".
      This world is a gas planet, and all sorts of mayhem will be getting in our aliens way!
      #screenshotsaturday
    • By Pacoquinha Studios
      Kepuh's Island is Multiplayer 3D Survival Game where you survive on the Kepuh's Islands, confronting challenges that are not only other players but also bosses, and even the environment itself.
      We have a lowpoly faster battle-royale idea, where about 12 players on the map fighting for survival! Also adding some more things into that style such as bosses around the map giving you abilities and much more such as vehicles, weapons, skins, etc...
      Now we are on cartase which is a crowdfunding online which purpose is to raise funds for the development of the game. Come and be part of this development.
      Link for Cartase: https://www.catarse.me/kepuhsisland?ref=project_link
      We post updates and trailers on
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/pcqnhastudios
      Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pacoquinhastudios/
      Site: http://pacoquinhastudios.com.br
      If you could check out it would be great
      Thnks
      Some images:

• Advertisement