modeler looking to build a team

Started by
7 comments, last by fastcall22 6 years, 3 months ago

NOTICE:  OP’s request has been fulfilled.  Please do not contact OP regarding this thread.

Hi I have been modeling for some time now but I'm not very good with things like animating and programming, I'm looking for people to who can chat with me on discord, you don't have to be experienced or anything as long as you are dedicated

i want to do souls-like game in other words a game in the same style as dark souls

anyone is welcome: modelers, programmers but i could really use a animator right now

Advertisement

Hi. Some advice:

1)Posting your 3D models to show the quality will allow you to get team members with skills that matches your own.

2)You should make a small game first before building a team. It doesn't matter what, any game will do.

3)Having some design details posted will help others know if they are willing to work on your game.

Good luck.

2 minutes ago, Scouting Ninja said:

Hi. Some advice:

1)Posting your 3D models to show the quality will allow you to get team members with skills that matches your own.

2)You should make a small game first before building a team. It doesn't matter what, any game will do.

3)Having some design details posted will help others know if they are willing to work on your game.

Good luck.

thanks for taking the time to reply

1) fair point I should probably add something

2) does roll-a-ball and space shooters from unity tutorial section count as games? I did a small "game" with unity where pick up items as a cube and grow in size every time, then again the reason I'm looking for a programmer Is because i'm not very good with code

3) that is also fair point, I wanted to have at least one person so I could have a better notion of what is viable for the team but I guess beggars can't be choosers

i will rewrite the main post and add a description of the project and later i will add a model render

2 hours ago, ObjectivityGuy said:

2) does roll-a-ball and space shooters from unity tutorial section count as games? I did a small "game" with unity where pick up items as a cube and grow in size every time, then again the reason I'm looking for a programmer Is because i'm not very good with code

It's better than nothing. I was thinking something more of your own design than a tutorial.

It isn't about learning to code but learning how to make a game. You could also make a board game or card game.

I find that a lot of these hobby projects I join do have skilled team members, but most of these people never made a game and struggle to get things going and to keep them going.

Let me ask you this: How will you start making the game?

4 hours ago, Scouting Ninja said:

It's better than nothing. I was thinking something more of your own design than a tutorial.

It isn't about learning to code but learning how to make a game. You could also make a board game or card game.

I find that a lot of these hobby projects I join do have skilled team members, but most of these people never made a game and struggle to get things going and to keep them going.

Let me ask you this: How will you start making the game?

sorry for taking so long to reply it was late and i had to sleep

at the start i was thinking of simply modeling assets and mounting the environment with them and start to implement the features later beginning by the stats

also i made a model real quick i hope its good enough

y5dZnnc.png

Hi,

i'm a game programmer so if you're interested, PM me

if you're looking for a game designer, i'd be interested in helping with that if you need.

I could also do 3D animation, but I'd want to focus on Design 

Closing upon OP’s request.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement