• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By AzeAngelicOne
      Real talk, This game, this game right here:

It sucks. Immensely. It's good playing with friends, but it's AWFUL playing alone.
      But what if it didn't?
      Anybody know this game?

A strong community behind it, and patches every month, just to show that the devs are doing everything in their power to make sure that the game is still supported, and improved to the point where everyone is happy. Well, most people.
      What if someone made a Shonen Jump crossover game in the style of DBFZ/UMvC3? What would you do?
    • By SickTwistGames
      Ok, firstly, Hi.

This is my first post on this forum. I am an Indie Dev making my first game so bear with me when I say dumb stuff, I'm on a huge learning curve.

My first question is about inventory systems for unity. I am trying to make a survival type game with crafting. I have purchased Inventory manager pro by devdog from the unity asset store and it seems like a pretty powerful assett but for an intermediate coder its a little tough to use.  I'm beginning to wonder if it was the right purchase.
      So my question is.... does anyone have any experience of inventory plugins / systems for unity and can anyone reccomend a system to me?
      It needs to have the following: Loot system, crafting system, character sheet, blueprint system,  character stats system. Ideally with as little coding as possible.

Thanks
    • By DevAndroid
      Hello everyone,
      I'm trying to display a 2D texture to screen but the rendering isn't working correctly.
      First of all I did follow this tutorial to be able to render a Text to screen (I adapted it to render with OpenGL ES 2.0) : https://learnopengl.com/code_viewer.php?code=in-practice/text_rendering
      So here is the shader I'm using :
      const char gVertexShader[] = "#version 320 es\n" "layout (location = 0) in vec4 vertex;\n" "out vec2 TexCoords;\n" "uniform mat4 projection;\n" "void main() {\n" " gl_Position = projection * vec4(vertex.xy, 0.0, 1.0);\n" " TexCoords = vertex.zw;\n" "}\n"; const char gFragmentShader[] = "#version 320 es\n" "precision mediump float;\n" "in vec2 TexCoords;\n" "out vec4 color;\n" "uniform sampler2D text;\n" "uniform vec3 textColor;\n" "void main() {\n" " vec4 sampled = vec4(1.0, 1.0, 1.0, texture(text, TexCoords).r);\n" " color = vec4(textColor, 1.0) * sampled;\n" "}\n"; The render text works very well so I would like to keep those Shaders program to render a texture loaded from PNG.
      For that I'm using libPNG to load the PNG to a texture, here is my code :
      GLuint Cluster::loadPngFromPath(const char *file_name, int *width, int *height) { png_byte header[8]; FILE *fp = fopen(file_name, "rb"); if (fp == 0) { return 0; } fread(header, 1, 8, fp); if (png_sig_cmp(header, 0, 8)) { fclose(fp); return 0; } png_structp png_ptr = png_create_read_struct(PNG_LIBPNG_VER_STRING, NULL, NULL, NULL); if (!png_ptr) { fclose(fp); return 0; } png_infop info_ptr = png_create_info_struct(png_ptr); if (!info_ptr) { png_destroy_read_struct(&png_ptr, (png_infopp)NULL, (png_infopp)NULL); fclose(fp); return 0; } png_infop end_info = png_create_info_struct(png_ptr); if (!end_info) { png_destroy_read_struct(&png_ptr, &info_ptr, (png_infopp) NULL); fclose(fp); return 0; } if (setjmp(png_jmpbuf(png_ptr))) { png_destroy_read_struct(&png_ptr, &info_ptr, &end_info); fclose(fp); return 0; } png_init_io(png_ptr, fp); png_set_sig_bytes(png_ptr, 8); png_read_info(png_ptr, info_ptr); int bit_depth, color_type; png_uint_32 temp_width, temp_height; png_get_IHDR(png_ptr, info_ptr, &temp_width, &temp_height, &bit_depth, &color_type, NULL, NULL, NULL); if (width) { *width = temp_width; } if (height) { *height = temp_height; } png_read_update_info(png_ptr, info_ptr); int rowbytes = png_get_rowbytes(png_ptr, info_ptr); rowbytes += 3 - ((rowbytes-1) % 4); png_byte * image_data; image_data = (png_byte *) malloc(rowbytes * temp_height * sizeof(png_byte)+15); if (image_data == NULL) { png_destroy_read_struct(&png_ptr, &info_ptr, &end_info); fclose(fp); return 0; } png_bytep * row_pointers = (png_bytep *) malloc(temp_height * sizeof(png_bytep)); if (row_pointers == NULL) { png_destroy_read_struct(&png_ptr, &info_ptr, &end_info); free(image_data); fclose(fp); return 0; } int i; for (i = 0; i < temp_height; i++) { row_pointers[temp_height - 1 - i] = image_data + i * rowbytes; } png_read_image(png_ptr, row_pointers); GLuint texture; glGenTextures(1, &texture); glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texture); glPixelStorei(GL_UNPACK_ALIGNMENT, 1); glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_ZERO, GL_RGB, temp_width, temp_height, GL_ZERO, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, image_data); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_LINEAR); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_LINEAR); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_R, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE); png_destroy_read_struct(&png_ptr, &info_ptr, &end_info); free(image_data); free(row_pointers); fclose(fp); return texture; } This code just generates the texture and I store the id on memory
      And then I want to display my texture on any position (X, Y) of my screen so I did the following (That's works, at least the positioning).
      //MY TEXTURE IS 32x32 pixels ! void Cluster::printTexture(GLuint idTexture, GLfloat x, GLfloat y) { glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE0); glBindVertexArray(VAO); GLfloat vertices[6][4] = { { x, y + 32, 0.0, 0.0 }, { x, y, 0.0, 1.0 }, { x + 32, y, 1.0, 1.0 }, { x, y + 32, 0.0, 0.0 }, { x + 32, y, 1.0, 1.0 }, { x + 32, y + 32, 1.0, 0.0 } }; glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, idTexture); glBindBuffer(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, VBO); glBufferSubData(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, GL_ZERO, sizeof(vertices), vertices); glBindBuffer(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, GL_ZERO); glUniform1i(this->mTextShaderHandle, GL_ZERO); glDrawArrays(GL_TRIANGLE_STRIP, GL_ZERO, 6); } My .png is a blue square.
      The result is that my texture is not loaded correctly. It is not complete and there are many small black spots. I don't know what's going on ? It could be the vertices or the load ? Or maybe I need to add something on the shader. I don't know, I really need help.
      Thanks !
    • By LuigiLuigi
      I've been working on my own Metroidvania via GameMaker Studio for the past few years. You play as a bat named Ralph as he goes on an adventure to obtain 7 Crystal Medallions hidden in dungeons with the help of a cult known as the Crimson Fog. Along the way, there will be quests unlocked in Cedrus Village as you progress through the game. I've managed to complete a demo of the game up to the first dungeon and boss fight.
      I have only a PC build available, and the only gamepads I managed to install were Logitech Precision and Xbox PC gamepads. I had some trouble on gamepad detection though, so they may have connection issues. The desktop controls are similar to Terarria's control scheme if it's too much trouble. I don't have any music at this point, I'll need to get someone else to compose it later on. The music I make isn't bad, but it doesn't fit the aesthetic that well.
      I'm really hoping I can get feedback regarding the general content.
      Crimson Fog.0.2.zip
  • Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!