• Advertisement
MenM

What genre would you like to have a gamemaker for?

Hello

I'm not much of a game designer myself, but I am a programmer and heavily interested in the process of creating games.
So I set myself a challenge: Create a game creator.
The main examples I want to follow are RealmCrafter, GameGuru, MyWorld and alike.

My main problem is, I don't know what genre most people would like to see a gamemaker for. FPS, RTS, MMO(RPG), all possible. But I don't want to make an 'all-arounder' like GameMaker

So I created a little poll here, you can tick on what you like, or give suggestions yourself.

Link to poll: Poll

Please feel free to comment, ask questions or give insights!

Thanks

Advertisement

I put in a vote for other. There's already RPG Maker for old school RPGs, Game Guru for FPS--even if I don't think it's very good and would like to see something better. But an FPS is also pretty simple to start in Unreal with the template there.

There are a ton of visual novel makers and a few adventure game makers.

So what I want to see is something that you can easily throw together an Action RPG, like Diablo. An engine like that can be used for a variety of things, from RPGs to MOBAs even an adventure or platform game.