Beginner aspirant Game Designer

Started by
2 comments, last by Tom Sloper 6 years, 3 months ago

Hello everyone, i'm 21 and i'm Italian and as the title i'm a beginner aspirant Game Designer, i have no inherent studies about any field regarding game design but i ever had the dream to be a game designer so 2 month ago i decided to start from somewhere "udemy", i chose a course "Become a game developer/ designer Complete Master series"  and i'm actually following this course, but i'm not sure if i'm doing right, so my question is: Can some experienced game designer show me the right way to become a game designer? I mean, what are all the sectors that i need to learn , which is the best way to approach ? (I am willing to study without the help of the university) i totally want to learn every face of this beautiful job and also i know that it's really hard but i will work hard for that. I'm sure that this is the job of my life, so do not underestimate your answer because I will not do it.

ps: i don't know if this is the right section (sorry for the poem)

pps: i use unity 3d in this course

Advertisement
5 hours ago, Koalizzato said:

Hello everyone, i'm 23 and i'm Italian and as the title i'm a beginner aspirant Game Designer, i have no inherent studies about any field regarding game design but i ever had the dream to be a game designer so 2 month ago i decided to start from somewhere "udemy", i chose a course "Become a game developer/ designer Complete Master series"  and i'm actually following this course, but i'm not sure if i'm doing right, so my question is: Can some experienced game designer show me the right way to become a game designer? I mean, what are all the sectors that i need to learn , which is the best way to approach ? (I am willing to study without the help of the university) i totally want to learn every face of this beautiful job and also i know that it's really hard but i will work hard for that. I'm sure that this is the job of my life, so do not underestimate your answer because I will not do it.

ps: i don't know if this is the right section (sorry for the poem)

pps: i use unity 3d in this course

Hey.

So, first of all I have to say game developer and game designer are two different "jobs" per say.

If your dream is to create games the best advice I can give you is to make games, a lot of them. It doesn't matter if they are nothing special. Create clones for tetris, pacman, space shooter. And eventually you will start to understand what is involved into making them and will understand the engine, with that you can then create more complex games. Don't worry if you can't release the game you created, what matters there is the experience you will be gaining.

Find tutorials online, there are a lot of them around, about Unity

That is my opinion. 

Check my Youtube Tutorials

9 hours ago, Koalizzato said:

Can some experienced game designer show me the right way to become a game designer? I mean, what are all the sectors that i need to learn

Read my articles on what a game designer is and how to become one and what to learn. You also need to watch the Extra Credits video,

" rel="external">So You Want To Be a Game Designer. 

As StereoPT said, though, you might not have used the term "game designer" correctly. If you actually meant "game developer," then get a Computer Science degree

9 hours ago, Koalizzato said:

(I am willing to study without the help of the university)

Of course - anybody would love to get an enjoyable career without having to go to university! The more interesting question is: are you willing to go to university for 4 years to get where you want to be?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement