• Advertisement

Cross-platform RTS game project looking for people

Hey everyone,

We are working on a cross-platform RTS style game in which players from all platforms play together summoning creatures from cards to fight on a live battlefield. We are here to hopefully gather more people to work on this project.

About the Game:

The idea of the game is that players can create their own decks with cards they own and use it in a match against other players. Cards belong to an element (fire, air, water,...) which represents the fighting style of the unit. In order to summon a card in game the player must have enough energy and the right elements. The main inspiration for this game is BattleForge, a game that closed down in 2013 and has a similar style to what this game ultimately will have. A video about BattleForge can be found here: 

The game is being made in Unity and we plan to make it available on PC, console and tablet. All players will be able to play against each other, independent of which platform they are playing on.

About the goal:

This project is a hobby for us and we expect the same for anyone joining this team. We do it for fun and see if something worth sharing comes out of it. There is no amount of work that you have to do. Do it for fun and learn something while working with us. We all are young and still have our lives ahead of us. This can mean that any of us can drop out if we don't have enough time to continue working on this project. The same principle applies to anyone joining: you are free to leave at any time.

About the team:

At the moment we are 6 people, we have:

- 2 programmers
- 1 character concept artist
- 1 environmental modeler
- 1 unit modeler
- 2 sound artists

The two coders (and founders of the project) are managing it.

About you:

We are looking for people that can identify with the main concepts of the game: cross-platform RTS with a focus on producing a high quality game
Open positions are:
- programmer for a highly efficient path finding algorithm

If you have skills that are not on the list or are already taken, feel free to contact us anyways.

Please give some reference of work that you have done in the past and write a few lines about yourself. 

Anyways, that's it from us. If you have any questions feel free to ask them below. If you wish to receive more information about the project and the game ideas, send me a private message.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by SetlarSeen

Advertisement

We havent developed far enough to start creating maps. (we dont have enough models yet) If you still want to join us, send either of us a message and make shure to include some info about you and your previous work.

Original post has been updated again. We are currently looking for someone with experience in pathfinding! Feel free to contact us if your interested to join or have other skills than listed above. Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By LuigiLuigi
      I've been working on my own Metroidvania via GameMaker Studio for the past few years. You play as a bat named Ralph as he goes on an adventure to obtain 7 Crystal Medallions hidden in dungeons with the help of a cult known as the Crimson Fog. Along the way, there will be quests unlocked in Cedrus Village as you progress through the game. I've managed to complete a demo of the game up to the first dungeon and boss fight.
      I have only a PC build available, and the only gamepads I managed to install were Logitech Precision and Xbox PC gamepads. I had some trouble on gamepad detection though, so they may have connection issues. The desktop controls are similar to Terarria's control scheme if it's too much trouble. I don't have any music at this point, I'll need to get someone else to compose it later on. The music I make isn't bad, but it doesn't fit the aesthetic that well.
      I'm really hoping I can get feedback regarding the general content.
      Crimson Fog.0.2.zip
    • By ethancodes
      I've got a bug with my brick breaker style game. The bricks move down one line at a time ever 1.5 seconds. What appears to be happening is occasionally the ball will be just about to hit the brick when the brick moves down a line, and now the ball is behind it. I'm not sure how to fix this. I have two ideas but I'm not sure of implementation. 1 solution would be to check where they were and where they are going to be before rendering the frame. Then if they crossed paths, then register the brick as hit. Solution 2 would be change how the bricks move. I could maybe slide them down line by line, instead of a jump down. I'm not sure of this will fix the issue or not. Any ideas?
    • By Alexander Winter
      Jumpaï is a game about creating platformer levels and playing them online with everyone. Will you become the most popular level maker or will you be a speedrunner holding world records on everyone's levels? More into casual play? No problem! You can happily play through the giant level database or chill at people's hub. Meet new people, make new friends, learn to master the game by asking pros or ask for people's favorite tricks on level making. Download here: https://jumpai.itch.io/jumpai Discord: https://discord.gg/dwRTNCG   Trailer:      (The following screenshots are older but still a bit representative)  

Unlike other games of its genre, Jumpaï is about playing levels with everyone in real time. You have the fun to see how other people are playing and get to realize you are not the only one failing that jump!

The game is currently into development and still have lots to do. I am looking for people willing to help how they can. Developer? Graphist? Play tester? Sound designer? Game designer? I'm welcoming any talent. The project is so big I have a lot of work to do in all areas. Server backend, UI/UX, Game networking, Gameplay and even the website some day. As you can see from the default buttons, the game has been made with LibGDX. This project is a perfect opportunity for you to get better in various fields as well as showing off your skills.

If you plan to take an important role into the development of the game, we will discuss how you will get paid once the game generates money. Note that I'm not working on the game full-time. I'm studying full-time and working on it is a hobby. The project has started in november 2016 and experiences heavy progress.

So, are you interested? If so join me on my discord https://discord.gg/dwRTNCG and I'll answer all your questions.

Additionnal screenshots:

• By Shtabbbe
      I've had a game idea for a while, and I wanted to finally try to create it.
      Its a 2D open-world tile-based MMO. The concept is it is one world and multiplayer only, so everyone shares one world no matter region, platform, etc.
      I am having problems finding out what to use to start development, I tried Unity but saw some of the negatives and refrained and now im stuck, could anyone recommend some intermediate friendly 2D engines that can support what I am looking for? Preferably in languages that are or are somewhat like Java, C#, Python, JavaScript, Lua.
      Thanks for your help, im very new at this if you cant tell
    • By Pixeye
      I wrote an extension for unity inspector that allows to group/fold variables. 
      Available on github  , cheers!

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!