Windows Programming

Started by
1 comment, last by I-Shaolin 24 years, 3 months ago
I feel a little uncomfortable posting another suggestion here, since I posted one just the other day, but after answering a recent question, it came to me. Why not start a new topic for Windows and MFC programming. Many of the questions asked in the other topics are Windows questions, which is understandable. Windows and MFC are very complicated subjects to master, and many game programmers haven''t had a lot (if any) Windows programming experience. Furthermore, many game programmers aren''t looking to master Windows, just get enough to get DirectX working, so they are unlikely to own many of the Windows programming books and the online help files usually aren''t very clear for learning with, not to mention slanted toward MFC. MFC is very useful for applications, but chososing the Win32 SDK can be more suited for many games.
Advertisement
I think this is a great idea. In fact, I thought it was a great idea last June when we launched the site, and created a forum for it. In four months, it got about 5 posts, so I closed it down and merged it with the General and Game Programming forum.

That said, though, we do have some plans for better coverage of Windows-specific programming. Stay tuned.
No kidding? I would have expected much more. Hell, I''ve answered that many Windows questions within the last week.

I''ve actually been programming Windows professionally for years, so if you need any help and time permitting on my side, I can help if it''s needed.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement