• Advertisement
DustyEffsky

[DEFERRED PAYMENT/REVSHARE PROJECT] Cold Comfort

TL;DR:  zombie shooter game, looking for UE4 Coder and writer

Cold Comfort is an asymmetrical Multiplayer Zombie Tactical Shooter (MZTS?!) with a focus on co-op and environmental destruction. (Currently under development)
I started this project two years ago on my own, and in the last 6 months I've been getting more people involved in the project. Presently there are 20 of us! As most of the team is spread out across the globe, we do the majority of our collaboration online on Discord.

This is a deferred payment project. We use HackNPlan to organize the project and to log hours, which will be paid out once the game has been released.

We are planning on doing a Kickstarter the first half of this year and hopefully release the game in 2019..

We are in need of:
- a UE4 Coder
- an author ( for the audio script, and lore)
. VFX Artist

More info on the project can be found on our website and on our community discord channel

CC_Seneca_Oc_03.thumb.jpg.d7b581b4ec1e630c866be5591548fcf8.jpgCC_Seneca_Oc_02.thumb.jpg.abc44938595e60e1d856e8a03ca452e8.jpgCC_Seneca_Oc_01.thumb.jpg.e430cd43505dbc6368a9619b4aace863.jpgCC_Alley_08.thumb.jpg.1080b56bfd4d14394c3998a960b3fc15.jpgCC_Vector_01_01.thumb.png.ae9061045786e82558d20d5807305dc5.pngCC_AR-15_002.thumb.jpg.495886327849abce8ff583bf0de21ce3.jpgflorent-desailly-arachna02-m_w_LOGO.thumb.jpg.a6878ef42164a4d1962e5679bc96cb4c.jpgHighresScreenshot00012-tiltshift_logo.thumb.jpg.0b977ba19ebe444dfbd3b991a1126938.jpgCC_ConceptArt_Angers_HighVoltage.thumb.jpg.8bf7a31dc3a77b9bea1df2f35b18063b.jpgCC_ConceptArt_Angers_09.thumb.jpg.5193a1806885254edb57a9b3e6bb57c8.jpgCC_ConceptArt_Angers_02.thumb.jpg.bb1aecef47656754063d1828b4a6d495.jpgCC_Concept_Angers_Courtyard.thumb.jpg.648fbddc1372857c2a3317786dd80dfb.jpgCC_Environment_InfectorAttackJail_RGB_16_9.thumb.jpg.0775a37e352ee98935bd0a1fb55afe0f.jpg

Interested? PM me for details! 

Edited by DustyEffsky

Advertisement

It looks very cool.

On what platforms will the game come out?
And where it will be possible to buy it?

Edited by White_crow

3 minutes ago, White_crow said:

It looks very cool.

On what platforms will the game come out?
And where it will be possible to buy it?

We're focusing on Windows at first. 

Working on getting an Alpha out in early 2018 and the game itself in 2019.

Hello @White_crow thanks for your questions!

We are planning on an initial release for PC, however depending on how well our Kickstarter goes (which we have planned within the next few months) we are hoping to make Cold Comfort available on console as well.

As we are still in the pre-alpha phase, we are keeping our options open in regards to distribution.

From the description and screenshots the game is similar to Left 4 dead.

What will be the differences?

When is the kickstarter planned?

Whether the game is connected with the SCP?

Edited by White_crow

10 minutes ago, White_crow said:

From the description and screenshots the game is similar to Left 4 dead.

What will be the differences?

Yes, there are similarities, for sure! L4D and Rainbow Six Siege have been two of the greatest references points for us. 
In Cold Comfort, you can play as either a Survivor, or a Gamma Prime (genetically mutated zombie). Each class is unique in their abilities (not dissimilar to R6). 
An added feature of Cold Comfort is the Survivor's ability to control Survivor AI, and on the flip side, some of the Gamma Primes can control the Zombie AI. 

We are planning our Kickstarter within the first half of the year :)

Edited by DustyEffsky

We regularly post updates and announcements on the Discord Community Server, as well at sneak peeks concerning audio tracks, 2D and 3D art, animations and a lot of other development material! 

You can also get your Alpha Access guaranteed if you get there in time; and maybe you'll win a skin or two too?

23 minutes ago, Hell_Fire said:

Wow, this looks like a really cool project, when will we be able to play this game?

We're still in the pre-alpha phase, but we hope to have a working multiplayer alpha version up on steam this year.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Similar Content

• By Hellados
      Hello guys, my name is Giorgi and i'm newbie game developer i'm learning Pixel art and after pixel art  i want learn C# and don't know how and where start i'm bad with programming language and know only HTML/CSS
    • By N Drew
      I am working on a 2D SideScroller game in my own made game engine using SFML and C++.I am searching for 2D artists,especially pixel artist for making and animating characters,backgrounds and other props that can be made in any Drawing Program.The artist will become part of the team of Hammer Studios and he got a part of the Revenue Sharing.If you are interested send me a mail at:ghiurcutaandrei@gmail.com .If you are not an artist but you want to be a part of our Team,Soon we will be recruiting an C++ AI programmers that worked in SFML/OpenGL.
      We work together using Discord.

• By Ike aka Dk
      Hello everyone 
      I am a programmer from Baku.
      I need a 3D Modeller for my shooter project in unity.I have 2 years Unity exp.
      Project will paid when we finish the work 
      If you interested write me on email:
      mr.danilo911@gmail.com
    • By Tibsun
      We are a growing team of hobbyists working on a small prototype for a horror game called Soulanity. We are working in Unreal Engine 4 and we need a few more members to help see this project to completion.

All team members must be active on discord and willing to show up to team meetings.  You will need a good internet connection to download the project and any updates. Beginners are welcome, but you need to be motivated and capable of working independently. Any profits gained from our projects will be split evenly among the team.
      The positions we need:
      Level Designer – We have one level designer who has done an awesome job so far, but they don’t have as much time to work on the project anymore, so we need someone to help complete the map
      3D Artist – We still need 3d models for general props like books, tools, shelves, janitorial supplies, and some organic modeling for characters and the environment.
      Rigging/Animation – Still need animations for the player character, the main antagonist, and 2 smaller mobs.
      Unreal Engine Programmer – This game is currently entirely coded in blueprints. Most of the basic gameplay mechanics are complete but there is still much more to do.

If you are interested in joining the team just add me on Discord and we’ll have a chat. Tibsun#1244

• By HawkDeath
      Hi,
      I'm trying mix two textures using own shader system, but I have a problem (I think) with uniforms.
      Code: https://github.com/HawkDeath/shader/tree/test
      To debug I use RenderDocs, but I did not receive good results. In the first attachment is my result, in the second attachment is what should be.
      PS. I base on this tutorial https://learnopengl.com/Getting-started/Textures.

• By Anderfell
      **[ROYALTY]**  Note you may have seen this project before and it is not a copy just new account that is updated thank you.

Hello my name is Brandon,

We are currently seeking two new members for our team, before applying you must be aware that we are seeking people that are 100% committed to this project, you must be reachable within the day, replying to questions or responding to our messages and in general be actively online, otherwise I ask nicely that you do not apply.

The persons we are seeking are an experienced Programmer with knowledge  in c++ the c++ and familiarity with unreal is the main thing were seeking, other teams we are currently looking for are 3D artists to work on Humanoid models Props and more, were are also seeking other team members such as Generalists that understands the Unreal Engine, Animators for Human, Non Human and Objects were keeping the team small and having whats needed so feel free to apply.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[SEEKING CURRENT POSITIONS]

[Animators] x 3 [ Human, Non Human, Rigging, FPS Hands]

[3D Artist]  x3 [ Organics, Human and Creatures, Props and Architecture

[Concept Artist] x2 [ Environments, Characters, Model Sheets, Coloring and Line Work,]  

[UI Artist] x1 [ Passion for Sci Fi Genre ]

[FX Artist] x1 [ Particle Effects, Shaders & Lighting, Texturing]

[Generalist] x 1 [ We would like someone that has good knowledge of Unreal Engine that can set up anything we need in Engine. ]

[Writer] x 1 [ We would need someone that can work with me on game documents, organisation of documents story arcs, character development, dialogue creation, text editing and other text related jobs. ]

[PROGRAMMER] "Game-play Mechanics "

The project is Royalties and when any fund raising is made you will also receive some funding based off that, this is divided depending on amount of hours made toward the game, there are no contracts till game turns to a more serious note.

The game is a Action RPG with online elements this will be an ongoing project, we are running ssh servers, and Prefroce. We have a small staff of experienced people.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We do have some artwork to show of the world a little and what it's about, If you are interested in joining the project please contact us at:

Anderfell info:
      Anderfell#5123 on Discord
      nevarra@hotmail.com email

We are active on Discord and maybe take a day or two to reply to emails on our website as we receive a few a daily we need to sort through thanks. 

https://digitalforgedstudios.com/

Comic Panel

http://imgur.com/a/905pd

Artwork

http://imgur.com/a/0JchV

Models

http://imgur.com/a/jdhWu

Game Document
      https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bNlP-qwR15BLGG66hDUcewqlWIPP4flnHxRwxfhNmTE/edit?usp=sharing

Regards Brandon
      Digital Forged Game Development Team.

• By Cello Gaming
      Hello I am looking for a team who are willing to work on a Realistic, Large, Story-based, Open-World, Survival, Horror game. I'm looking for a team that is willing to stay with me through the whole project. 
      For this project I will be needing:
      3D Modeler: Somebody who has a good understanding on how to create 3D models through Blender, Maya, 3DS Max, or any other Modeling programs of their choosing Animator: Someone able to rig and animate humans, non-humans, and machines. Artist: Someone able to make art for loading screens, GUIs, and Cover art. Environment Artist (2-3): Someone able to create a large open world for the players to explore Writer: Someone who has experience writing story-lines and can write dialogue for this project Sound Engineer: Somebody who can create sounds for character movements, environment, and animals     Ideas for The Project: - Shipwrecked on an island after getting caught in a storm out on the ocean - Start on the boat with all your friends and a bunch of NPCs where the ship doesn't crash until you talk to the captain - Able to search wreckage to find food, water, and a basic tool. - Locked areas in the wreckage that you need special tools or codes to open. - Secret chests you can find on the island through maps that you can find in abandoned houses, shacks, and wreckage of pirate ships. - Fishing rods to go fishing for different kinds of fish. - Cooking system to cook food on a grill or campfire which requires propane tanks or wood to continue burning - Underwater and land caves with plenty of resources - Mutant bosses that you can fight above or under water - Underwater life (Sharks, Fish, Large underwater Squid boss)   These are just ideas they may or may not be implemented in the final product. Any feedback on ideas for the game would be appreciated.   We will be setting up a kickstarter for people to support this, if this project gets up going, so watch for that.  
    • By Luca Falco
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMoc52DEoC8     ABOUT THE GAME: Room54 is a first-person Horror/adventure  Videogame for pc,mac and linux users. the game is currently under development by a very small team, we put so much effort in this project and we are keep doing our best for that we are going to launch a kickstarter campaing in order to reach our ideal budget to complete the project, we hope the GameDev community can help us a lot                      STORY:   Daniel is a family father like many other, one day he decide with your wife and his daughter  to spend her winter holidays at their mountain house that they have recently buy in  mountain ,a  wonderful place surrounded by the nature of the woods,  Completely far away from the caotic city life. During their holidays Daniel and his family will understand that they are not welcome there and they will discover an  hided and disturbing part of the valley that they have never seen before                       GAMEPLAY:   You will play as Daniel, a father that will try to save his family, your gameplay will be focused on discovering secrets places around valley,investigating and trying to survive, you will find object that will help you solve enigma and to stay alive. The immersive audio and  environment will make you feel constantly follow by an high anxiety dose  during the game.                         SOCIAL PAGES:     Follow us to get the latest development news and insights     IndieDB:     http://www.indiedb.com/games/room54   Twitter:       https://twitter.com/Room54Thegame   facebook:   https://www.facebook.com/Room54/
    • By davejones
      I have seen a number of posts about this topic but was wondering what the most effective way is. I have been working on a project in unreal engine 4 and am struggling to get virtual reality mode to work in the engine. A route I am pursuing to solve the problem is to use the unity game engine. I have a virtual reality template set up in unity and need to export the project from unreal engine 4 into unity. Whats the best way to export the project from UE4 and than import into unity?  
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!