• Advertisement

Hi,

I am looking for an algorithm that takes as input a point cloud and generates a list tetrahedrons (Delaunay?).

I would like to use said tetrahedrons as a mean to interpolate the point cloud values at given points in space.

Can anyone point me toward some resources?

Cheers!

Advertisement

You could look at TetGen: http://wias-berlin.de/software/index.jsp?id=TetGen&lang=1#Download

There should be many papers around as well, personally i often come across the harder problem of hexagonal remeshing, here tetrahedralization is usually done as a preprocess and researchers often mention the use of TetGen for this.

However i know a guy why tried it and was not happy about robustness and mainly license.

Edited by JoeJ

Oh, check this out: https://rgl.epfl.ch/people/wjakob, 'Robust Hex-Dominant Mesh Generation using Field-Guided Polyhedral Agglomeration', there's paper and code on github. This is hex (cubes), but you could just convert to tetras. I assume  it's maybe not suited for very low-poly alike requirements.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By Sunny Kumar
      This is my first time building a game engine, albeit a 2D one for Android.
      I've decided to build a simple ECS engine. The game I'm trying to *almost* duplicate at the moment is Doodle Jump.
      I currently have the following systems running in my update loop, in the given order:
      1) Physics (applies gravity)
      2) Collision (works by predicting next position based on current position and velocity, and updates the current position on collision)
      3) Transform Update (updates all entities based on their current velocities)
      4) Render System (Draws to canvas)
      I have the following questions:
      I want to write a manager that generates obstacles at, say, fixed gaps and when the player reaches the middle of the screen.
      This manager will need the current position and velocity of the player. (It finds the player by quering the ComponentManager for all entities having a PlayerComponent)
      1) Where should this manager be placed in the game loop?
      2) Should it even be a manager? Can such logic lie in systems?
      3) Extending upon 2, what really are Systems supposed to handle?

Any help is appreciated!
    • By 00Kevin
      I'm looking for solutions to a Line of Effect system I'm creating.  
      Specifically,  I'm looking for a real-time algorithm that helps an AI unit find the closest tile in range that has a line of effect to its target
      At the moment, I'm using raycasting (in Unity)  to determine what tiles have lines of effect (no obstructions) to each other.  
      This information is then used by the AI to locate an unobstructed targeting position within range.  
      The end result is that every tile has a list of other tile locations it has a clear line of effect to.  
      The problem is that it takes forever to scan and makes the map far too static for my needs. 
      Anyone implement something similar?  
      Thanks

• By dream rz
      A texture rectangle, texture type is RGBA.
      the alpha channel like this: (0=0,x=255)
      [0][0][0][0][0][0][0]
      [0][0][x][x][0][0][0]
      [0][x][x][x][0][0][0]
      [0][x][x][x][x][x][0]
      [0][0][0][x][x][x][0]
      [0][0][0][x][x][0][0]
      [0][0][0][0][0][0][0]
      I want a function to picking. now I have a very clumsy solutions:
      //system Init.............
      //..........
      //pixel buffer to texture....... (texture is handle, a number.cannot get pixel matrix.)
      //..........
      BYTE pixel_alpha[7][7];//save alpha channel matrix
      //..........
      texture.draw(30,30);//draw the picture in the window    x=30 , y=30
      //..........
      if(picking(GetMouseX,GetMouseY))MessageBox("click!"); // picking functio
      //..........
      /*picking function*/
      bool picking(int x,int y)
      {
          int mouse_to_image_x, mouse_to_image_y;//get mouse position in the image
          mouse_to_image_x = 30 - x;
          mouse_to_image_y = 30 - y;
          if((mouse_to_image_x < 0 && mouse_to_image_x > 7) && (mouse_to_image_y < 0 && mouse_to_image_y > 7))return false;//mouse is not in the image
          for(int i = 0; i < 7 * 7; i++)
          {
              if(pixel_alpha[mouse_to_image_x][mouse_to_image_y] == 255)return true;//in the image and alpha channel is 255
          }
          return false;
      }
      //=============================================================================================
      but......
      1.an excessive amount of memory in alpha channel matrix.
      2.i think efficiency is not high.
      so, how to do? 
      not is ray picking, What is this technology called?
    • By Nierkool
      I make a one game, and i want to do a sistem of tree feling, like in Lumber Tycon 2.But i do not know how do this.
      If anyone has any ideas how to do this, please write!
    • By pr033r
      Hello,
      I have a Bachelor project on topic "Implenet 3D Boid's algorithm in OpenGL". All OpenGL issues works fine for me, all rendering etc. But when I started implement the boid's algorithm it was getting worse and worse. I read article (http://natureofcode.com/book/chapter-6-autonomous-agents/) inspirate from another code (here: https://github.com/jyanar/Boids/tree/master/src) but it still doesn't work like in tutorials and videos. For example the main problem: when I apply Cohesion (one of three main laws of boids) it makes some "cycling knot". Second, when some flock touch to another it scary change the coordination or respawn in origin (x: 0, y:0. z:0). Just some streng things. 
      I followed many tutorials, change a try everything but it isn't so smooth, without lags like in another videos. I really need your help. 
      My code (optimalizing branch): https://github.com/pr033r/BachelorProject/tree/Optimalizing
      Exe file (if you want to look) and models folder (for those who will download the sources):
      http://leteckaposta.cz/367190436
      Thanks for any help...

• Advertisement