• Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By akshayMore
      Hello,
      I am trying to make a GeometryUtil class that has methods to draw point,line ,polygon etc. I am trying to make a method to draw circle.  
      There are many ways to draw a circle.  I have found two ways, 
      The one way:
      public static void drawBresenhamCircle(PolygonSpriteBatch batch, int centerX, int centerY, int radius, ColorRGBA color) { int x = 0, y = radius; int d = 3 - 2 * radius; while (y >= x) { drawCirclePoints(batch, centerX, centerY, x, y, color); if (d <= 0) { d = d + 4 * x + 6; } else { y--; d = d + 4 * (x - y) + 10; } x++; //drawCirclePoints(batch,centerX,centerY,x,y,color); } } private static void drawCirclePoints(PolygonSpriteBatch batch, int centerX, int centerY, int x, int y, ColorRGBA color) { drawPoint(batch, centerX + x, centerY + y, color); drawPoint(batch, centerX - x, centerY + y, color); drawPoint(batch, centerX + x, centerY - y, color); drawPoint(batch, centerX - x, centerY - y, color); drawPoint(batch, centerX + y, centerY + x, color); drawPoint(batch, centerX - y, centerY + x, color); drawPoint(batch, centerX + y, centerY - x, color); drawPoint(batch, centerX - y, centerY - x, color); } The other way:
      public static void drawCircle(PolygonSpriteBatch target, Vector2 center, float radius, int lineWidth, int segments, int tintColorR, int tintColorG, int tintColorB, int tintColorA) { Vector2[] vertices = new Vector2[segments]; double increment = Math.PI * 2.0 / segments; double theta = 0.0; for (int i = 0; i < segments; i++) { vertices[i] = new Vector2((float) Math.cos(theta) * radius + center.x, (float) Math.sin(theta) * radius + center.y); theta += increment; } drawPolygon(target, vertices, lineWidth, segments, tintColorR, tintColorG, tintColorB, tintColorA); } In the render loop:
      polygonSpriteBatch.begin(); Bitmap.drawBresenhamCircle(polygonSpriteBatch,500,300,200,ColorRGBA.Blue); Bitmap.drawCircle(polygonSpriteBatch,new Vector2(500,300),200,5,50,255,0,0,255); polygonSpriteBatch.end(); I am trying to choose one of them. So I thought that I should go with the one that does not involve heavy calculations and is efficient and faster.  It is said that the use of floating point numbers , trigonometric operations etc. slows down things a bit.  What do you think would be the best method to use?  When I compared the code by observing the time taken by the flow from start of the method to the end, it shows that the second one is faster. (I think I am doing something wrong here ).
      Please help!  
      Thank you.  
    • By ethancodes
      I'm working on an endless wave-based arkanoid/space invaders style hybrid. Bricks spawn above the screen and move down line by line. You must destroy all bricks before they hit the bottom of the screen. There will be multiple types of bricks and random power-up spawns. Currently I am just using a simple Log function that takes in the current wave as a parameter. This works to increase the number of bricks spawned each wave, but I want to find a way to make this much more complicated. Here is a list of everything that should be effected by the increase in difficulty:
      1. Number of bricks
      2. Types of bricks (1 hit bricks, 2 hit bricks, 3 hit bricks, etc.) 
      3. Speed that the bricks move down the screen
      4. How often power-ups spawn
      The biggest problem here is that I can't just increase all of these with each new wave. If I did that, it would quickly become far to difficult. What I would like is an algorithm that gives some amount of variance in the increase between all 4 of these. Say one wave we put 60% of the increase to number of bricks, 20% increase to power-up spawns, 10% to types of bricks and 10% to speed of bricks. But on the next wave those percentages are all moved around and we now have say 105% to work with so the overall difficulty has increased as well. The different types of bricks need to also change to the point where if someone has made it to a certain wave, such as wave 50 for example, there are no longer any 1 hit bricks. We now would have just 2-4 hit bricks, and if they are crazy good and make it all the way to round 100, Now it's just 3-5 hit bricks, etc. 
      If anybody has any good ideas or suggestions on this, I'd appreciate anything you've got! Thanks!
    • By fazook
      Hi, guys!
      I have a rather abstract question, because I don't know which side to approach to its solution. So, I would appreciate any information.
      I have a task to create a simple game that generates floor plans and I following by this perfect algorithm (https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijcgt/2010/624817/). At the moment I use squarified treemaps (http://www.win.tue.nl/~vanwijk/stm.pdf) and here no problems. I create nested array in which elements are rooms with size. Problems starts when I trying to represent generated "rooms" as edges and vertexes (a, b, c, d steps in attached picture) That representation can give me access to this elements as special "entities" in future game versions.
      I don't have skills in graphs (and do I need graphs?) and at the moment totally stucked at this step. How can I represent room walls as trees (or graphs?) at this step? Calculate size of squares (rooms) and convert sides to a vectors? Then in loop find shared vectors (same position by "x" or "y") and determine them as shared walls? The instinct tells me that there exist more elegant and efficient ways.
      Anyway, thanks for any information about this.

• By Januario
      Hey guys!,
      So, I'm basically working on an explorer right now.
      It should, as the name suggests, explore the entire thing, the most efficient way possible.
      Your character has vision around you, of, 10x10. The map is much bigger, 100x100. However, it can't just go straight from a corner to another, because: The tiles can be an occupied, or un-occupied one. You can add weights to the tiles, so feel free to use this in your advantage (let's say, adding an extra weight to a visited tile so you can compare visited against non-visited ones). You can use the Pathfinder I'm using, based on the A* algorithm. So, I could be wrong, but by basic logic, I assumed that the "fastest way" to explore the entire thing, is answering the question "What is the nearest tile that I can walk in, that is not occupied and that can reveal as much fog-of-war (unvisited tile) as possible?"...
      My questions are:
      1) Is my question correct? is that really the best way to explore the entire map? 2) If so, what's the best way to know "which is the tile that could reveal the most fog of war"? Once I get the tile that reveals the most fog of war possible, then I just throw the pathfinder to it.
      But I'm having problems doing a good way to achieve that :'( 
      I hope you guys can help me on this one! 
      Thank you
    • By Scouting Ninja
      So what is up? What did I miss?
      I finally get my PC working and am bombarded with emails asking about marching cubes. Get on Gamedev.net and it's even here people are researching marching cubes. All of the gaming forums is a buzz with players theories on how marching cubes work, developers looking for teams to build a marching cube games.
      So why the spike? Reminds me of when Minecraft released.
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Hi,

I am looking for an algorithm that takes as input a point cloud and generates a list tetrahedrons (Delaunay?).

I would like to use said tetrahedrons as a mean to interpolate the point cloud values at given points in space.

Can anyone point me toward some resources?

Cheers!

Advertisement

You could look at TetGen: http://wias-berlin.de/software/index.jsp?id=TetGen&lang=1#Download

There should be many papers around as well, personally i often come across the harder problem of hexagonal remeshing, here tetrahedralization is usually done as a preprocess and researchers often mention the use of TetGen for this.

However i know a guy why tried it and was not happy about robustness and mainly license.

Edited by JoeJ

Oh, check this out: https://rgl.epfl.ch/people/wjakob, 'Robust Hex-Dominant Mesh Generation using Field-Guided Polyhedral Agglomeration', there's paper and code on github. This is hex (cubes), but you could just convert to tetras. I assume  it's maybe not suited for very low-poly alike requirements.