2D Terrain Tool please?cartoon style

Started by
3 comments, last by ebenknot 6 years, 3 months ago

Hello!im looking for a tool wich paint terrain with grass,land,mud,etc..in 2D with cartoon style and Top view.Anyone know something like that?Thanks in advance :)

P.D. something like this image

TestMap.jpg

Advertisement

What do you mean by "tool"? It can be done in almost any image editor, like Photoshop, Gimp or Krita. It's an art style, you need to understand it and try to replicate. Generally, tilesets are used, containing all objects individually, such as rocks, boxes, trees, sand floor and so on. They are combined in the engine, not outside of it.

See this video for an example in Photoshop:

Or this, for Krita:

1 hour ago, ebenknot said:

Hello!im looking for a tool

They liked to be called artist not tools, although many of us will admit we are just tools.

There are some auto software that try to make auto terrain tiles like this but they are very bad, you could just use Gimp's filters and get a better result than those auto software.

The list of software provided by @TerraSkilll is solid and the most common used software. The rest is practice.

Hiring a artist is expensive but often better than buying software that you only try once and abandon, please remember that before purchasing software.

Ok,thank you for the reply.I mean an asset for unity,good asset to make just the terrain with my textures.I can make the sprites to decorate.But i dont find a good asset for this so i will create for myself.Thanks!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement