Need help for basic lesson in coding

Started by
2 comments, last by Lucas_Cage 6 years, 2 months ago

Hello, my name is Aryo and I am newbie in game design. I want to know what basic lesson I need for game design in programming? I hope someone can teach me patience about this.. Because I heard there is coding and honestly I am not familiar with it. 

Aryo Gunbo
Advertisement

Coding and programming are the same thing. Game design is something else (game design is not programming, and programming is not game design). Most of us recommend you start by using GameMaker (just google it).

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Hello Arroyo,

Welcome to the community.  It sounds like you are at the beginning of you game development journey.  If you want to learn the basics of game development in a format that is easy to read and insightful,  if you are an avid gamer looking to become a developer;  I would recommend the book Level Up.  You can find the old first edition on Amazon for a few dollars.

Programming is really a technical detail.  A means of expressing your concept to a machine.  There are several game engines that provide a level of abstraction that allows you to produce games with minimal or no code.  I would start there and work your way deeper only when the tools they provide no longer allow you to accurately express your ideas.  Game Make may be a good choice for now.

Best of luck,  I hope this information helps you to make progress toward your goal.

The Quarry Works Creed

We who shape mere stone must always envision cathedrals

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement