PS2 Emulators

Started by
12 comments, last by meZmo 22 years, 4 months ago
KwamiMatrix: $200 for the devkit + $300 for the ps2 + $50 shipping to norway + 24% sales tax = quite an expensive dev setup (for a single individual). :-(

That's why I want an emulator, even a poor one.

..now I suppose I could use the PS2 for PLAYING games aswell, but I don't really have time for that (and we have 2 at work .

Emu-me, please! :-)

-meZ

Edited by - meZmo on December 4, 2001 5:38:06 PM
Advertisement
you can do 128-bit load/store from memory and parallel operations on 64/32/16/8-bit data (i.e. MMX). that''s correct, they use 2 64-bit ALU''s. the vector units also process 4 32-bit values per cycle (i.e. SIMD).

To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
I feel that the key to really pumping out performance from the PS2 lies in VU1 & VU0. 4 32bit data sets per cycle? Wow. Isn''t the G4''s Altivec like that?
Edem Attiogbe
oh, and I see what you are saying meZmo. PS2 is expensive, but worth it. For the games and the software developement.

You know what jenova? I keep asking you questions. Apart from Arstechnica, do you know of any web sites that explain the PS2's architechture(especially the Emotion Engine) in good detail? An article at Arstechnica was really good on the PS2.

Edem Attiogbe

Edited by - KwamiMatrix on December 4, 2001 8:49:11 PM
Edem Attiogbe

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement