• Advertisement
Josheir

C++ Scaling on Different Displays

How is everybody doing their 2D scaling on displays that need to be drawn smaller.  Is there some sort of display emulator to help with the looking at all the different appearances?     

Sincerely; thank you,

Josheir

Advertisement

Are you talking going from a PC/TV display to say a tablet or smart phone size?  Because there are emulators for tablets and smart phones that work on Windows and I'm pretty sure there are ones for Linux/MacOS X but I've never used any personally.

No, I am talking about desktop/laptop monitors in the range of 29 to 34 inches for example.

I mostly just test in windowed mode. Straight up scaling doesn't usually cause that many problems (at least until it's too small to see clearly), but it's handy to be able to resize the window to a variety of aspect ratios.