• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Liman3D

Free Seamless textures from Material Jam

w_b.png

Dear artists and developers,

We welcome you to join MaterialJam.com - our growing library of digital materials.
The materials we offer are 100% ORIGINAL and FREE for everyone. We provide one free download everyday for any of the materials in our library. For those who need more downloads we have special offers.
All of our the materials come with Royalty Free License and can be used right away in your projects.

Enjoy having one more source of art assets!

Sincerely,
logo.png
MaterialJam.com , a service of Liman3D

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By LukasBanana
      Hi all,

I'm trying to generate MIP-maps of a 2D-array texture, but only a limited amount of array layers and MIP-levels.
      For instance, to generate only the first 3 MIP-maps of a single array layer of a large 2D-array.

After experimenting with glBlitFramebuffer to generate the MIP-maps manually but still with some sort of hardware acceleration,
      I ended up with glTextureView which already works with the limited amount of array layers (I can also verify the result in RenderDoc).
      However, glGenerateMipmap (or glGenerateTextureMipmap) always generates the entire MIP-chain for the specified array layer.

Thus, the <numlevels> parameter of glTextureView seems to be ignored in the MIP-map generation process.
      I also tried to use glTexParameteri(..., GL_TEXTURE_MAX_LEVEL, 3), but this has the same result.
      Can anyone explain me how to solve this?

Here is an example code, how I do it:
      void GenerateSubMips( GLuint texID, GLenum texTarget, GLenum internalFormat, GLuint baseMipLevel, GLuint numMipLevels, GLuint baseArrayLayer, GLuint numArrayLayers) { GLuint texViewID = 0; glGenTextures(1, &texViewID); glTextureView( texViewID, texTarget, texID, internalFormat, baseMipLevel, numMipLevels, baseArrayLayer, numArrayLayers ); glGenerateTextureMipmap(texViewID); glDeleteTextures(1, &texViewID); } GenerateSubMips( myTex, GL_TEXTURE_2D_ARRAY, GL_RGBA8, 0, 3, // only the first 3 MIP-maps 4, 1 // only one array layer with index 4 );  
      Thanks and kind regards,
      Lukas
    • By Wraithe
      I am wondering how many DirectSound buffers I should maintain to find a good balance between constant reading of sound files and hanging on to upwards of 30-50 sound effects at once?
      I am making a small 2D game engine using OpenGL, DirectSound and Win32 APIs. I am thinking I would only need two buffers for music so that I can fade them in and out, maybe adding a third for those instances where there is competing music (think of a character walking past someone's radio).
      As for sound, I originally thought I could allow myself to set the number of sound buffers at the audio classes' initialization, storing them in an array for faster access, and then keeping a queue of audio requests that take up the first free buffer. Then I worried about a string of the same sound playing and thought maybe I should keep two buffers for every currently loaded sound effect, and whenever that sound effect is called while it is already playing I could do an extremely fast fade between the two buffers set aside for that sound effect.
      I am sure I am just over-thinking this. I would imagine having three streaming buffers for music and a sound effects queue with 8 buffers is more than enough, but I have never really dealt with low-level sound before. What would people who have worked with lower-level audio recommend?
      Thank you for your time.
    • By vvvvv
      oh boy howdy howdy
      i know little to nothing about game design and programming but i am a seasoned artist and am a huge gamer always have been
      i recently got a very small taste of the industry if you can even call it that from the last UE4 game jam i helped with voice acting concept art writing and vector art
      i absolutely loved it and am already itching to learn and do more but??? i have no idea how to go about it
      the person i was working with during the game jam is years ahead of me and is already looking into getting me into some contract work and teaching me 3d modeling/painting/sculpting but at the moment hes currently busy with making a game for RTX!
      while hes busy i thought id delve into some forums and get my feet wet 
      any info or tips on how or where to get started would be amazing thanks!
    • By kirito
      hey guys i wanna know how much of everything it costs to make a game kind of aberoth
      if u haven't heared about it take a fast look here:http://aberoth.com
    • By Armaan Gupta
      Hey There,
      I am a developer and Im working on a blockchain based infinite runner type game. Right now, I am working on releasing the beta version with a couple other game developers, but would love to expand the team and have other talented and bright people contributing. The game portion of the project isnt very complicated, and wouldnt require anyone to pull thier hair out for it.
      If you are interested in joining a project, interested in the idea, or would like some more information, please don't hesitate to ask either by commenting, discord (username: Guppy#7625), or by email (armaangupta01@gmail.com).
      Thank you!
  • Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!