• Advertisement

Advertisement

It's good and I will be playing it more.

What I really liked:

+ How the battle gets intense when you near the enemy castle. It's really fun.

+ That reaching the castle means the monsters can't block advancing monsters. This will make range Units important as you add more cards; love this idea.

+ How the swarming works. That second level had me in a corner because I focused only on one side.

+ The monster upgrade mechanic is good.

+ The fact that the player always has two spells, being able to relay on them was important to many of the choices.

+ The game has actual strategy, a must have for any card game.

What I didn't like:

- Slow a bit, latter when you have more content you could reduce the field size.

- The graphics. The website feels cheap, and the art you have doesn't sell the idea.

Very fun game, good work!

Yeah, graphics still need a lot of work, 'tis true. 
Question: when you say it's a bit slow, do you mean that it takes too long to cross the field or that the game slows down processing-wise?  If it's the first, I've been considering taking out the hasted attack all the units currently have but then allow them to be summoned further away from base.
P.S. thank you so much for the review.

12 hours ago, SkyPenguin said:

If it's the first, I've been considering taking out the hasted attack all the units currently have but then allow them to be summoned further away from base.

Yes it's the first.

It takes a few turns to reach the enemy and during the early turns the player has to ware out the enemy forces. So often the first few turns feels like nothing is really happening.

Your idea sounds like it could work.

version B.34 released (thought I'd give an update every ten versions or so).
Still no summon sickness but wall/tower/cactus can now be cast on any allied square.
Barbed and Regenerate mechanics added. Slightly smarter AI. Few other things added including an All Chat in multiplayer lobby. (also a weak curse filter added)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Similar Content

• By Innoc uous
      I'm working on a space game, and I suck at art. I would love to get some help from someone who is more skilled than me. Things I need include modular space ship parts and GUI elements. Nothing too fancy, just functional so I can get a prototype put together. This could potentially become a serious project, but for now this is just a hobby project.

In this video, you can see a few things I already completed
      :2018-02-24 20-08-13.flv2018-02-24 20-08-13.flv
    • By Nio Martinez
      I'll be buying a new laptop as my workstation for building games, Mostly 3D but not hard core. 

I'm stuck at choosing between these 2 specs below. Does this really matter and if so, can some one tell my how and why it matters. 
      Choice1:
      Intel core i5-8250U (8th gen Kabylake refresh)(6 MB Smart Cache, 1.6 GHz Base with Turbo Boost up to 3.4 GHz) 4 cores 8 threads
      RAM 8 GB DDR4 (2400 MHz)
      GPU 2 GB DDR5 Nvidia MX150 256 bit
      SSD: yes
      Choice2:
      Intel core i7-7500U 2.70GHz Base Processor (4M Cache, up to 3.50 GHz Boost) 2 Cores, 4 Threads
      RAM 4 GB DDR4 (1800 MHz)
      GPU 2 GB DDR5 Nvidia GeForce 940MX 256 bit
      SSD: No

• By MHG OstryTM
      Hello guys,
      I've released my game for the first time. I'm very excited about it and I hope you'll enjoy the game - Beer Ranger. It's a retro-like puzzle-platfromer which makes you think a lot or die trying. You have a squad of skilled dwarfs with special powers and your goal is tasty beer. There is a lot of traps as well as many solutions how to endure them - it is up to your choice how to complete the level! 
      Link to the project: Project site
      Link to the Steam site with video: Beer Ranger
      Have fun and please write feedback if you feel up to.
      Some screens: 

• By katastrophic88

Hello Everyone!
      I’m now working with Zugalu -- developer of an upcoming SHMUP named Technolites – as Community Manager.
      In Technolites, you’ll take command of a fully customizable ship and dash across the universe to defeat an ancient alien threat. Deploy more than 500 weapons and utility upgrades – fighting by yourself or with a friend. The fate of humanity rests in your hands. We’re currently live on Kickstarter, and we’d love it if you could check out our page! Any feedback is greatly appreciated
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/643340596/technolites-a-story-driven-shoot-em-up-by-zugalu
      Looking forward to seeing all of the great game projects being developed and launching this year!
    • By Nimmagadda Subba Rao
      Hi,
         I am a CAM developer working with C++ and C# for the past 5 years. I started working on DirectX from past 6 months. I developed a touch screen control viewer using Direct2D. I am working on 3D viewer currently. I am very slow with working on Direct3D. I want to be a gaming developer. As i am new to this i want to know what are the possibilities to explore in this area. How to start developing gaming engines? Is it through tutorials? I heard suggestions from my friends that going for an MS helps. I am not sure on which path to choose. Is it better to go for higher studies and start exploring? I am currently working in India. I want to go to Canada and settle there. Are there any good universities there to learn about graphics programming? Sorry if I am asking too many questions but i want to know the options to choose to get ahead. 
  • Advertisement