Kannagara OSTs; feedback wanted!

Started by
5 comments, last by deekourtsman 6 years, 1 month ago

Hello! I've been trying to make my way into the world of game audio design and I was wondering how my music sounds to outside observers, so if you've got some free time to spare, please check out a few of my tracks below and let me know what you think! (I'm also releasing a new track every friday, with the intend to focus on a different theme and/or feeling with every release to and try and demonstrate my abilities as a composer as good as possible, so don't hesitate to give me a follow if you like what you hear.)

Advertisement

Hey, 

I listened to your tracks and I have to say that I'm really impressed. Good form and structure to your pieces, nice driving energy and good evolution as the piece develops. Of the three, All the Lights was, by far, my favorite. I think it has the best use of dynamics as well as changing arrangement, melodic development). 

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

12 hours ago, nsmadsen said:

Hey, 

I listened to your tracks and I have to say that I'm really impressed. Good form and structure to your pieces, nice driving energy and good evolution as the piece develops. Of the three, All the Lights was, by far, my favorite. I think it has the best use of dynamics as well as changing arrangement, melodic development). 

Thanks! That's really nice to hear! :)

Hi,

I'm not a composer so this is just a music listener's feedback: I like the first one the most, especially the beginning before the loop. Don't know why but in some parts it reminds me the first Age of wonders soundtrack. For me the other two is ok but nothing special.

I'm still learning as a composer as well but want to try and help. I like that you are showing different styles with each composition. Versatility can go a long way. However, I feel like the main melodies are repetitive in all three songs. Even if you just switch up the instruments used I think it would help and add some variation. The first one is the best imo because it has more dynamics.

The first one is really good with nice slightly melancholic mood. I would only cut away a fragment of 0:57 - 1:17 because nothing new is happening there, only a repetition of previous bars. And you know that almost any piece benefit from scissors :) 

Dee Kourtsman
Royalty free fantasy music
https://audio.deekourtsman.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement