• Advertisement

Lore & Mythology to RPG SIM:

I got disciplined for my last post. I didn't realize the error I'm thankful to say was brought to my attention, but now I have the proper permissions to post a link to the OP on another sight for review and discussion here mainly, but if you have a membership there the topic kinda went flat so any positive posts or curious posts will be welcomed and answered in good time. I tend to get tied up in RL just trying to pay the bills, but I won't let more than 4 weeks tops pass without a check in I can assure you.

http://www.indiedb.com/forum/thread/lore-mythology-to-rpg-sim

The infamous link, now we can discuss it, and spitball any suggestions or idea's and complementary feedback that will serve to prove the foundation is solid or no.

The short of it is a genre blinder with RST & RPG focus, but possibly a fighting game aspect for duels.

Edited by Warchief Swan

Advertisement

Did you even write the text behind the linky ??

Anyway, sounds like the typical "oh this sounds so cool even though i have no idea how to implement it." (nor why players actually playing the game would think it 's fun)

Looks like a good example of "overscoped" unless you're a AAA company.

It's way too vague to say much about, but I can say that it doesn't seem very well-thought out IMHO.
For instance, if there are a set number of gods, and they stop playing, the entire game world has changed.   If gods are supposed to be important, they need a good way to affect a LOT of players, not just the ones they pick on.
Plus, no one will want to pay a lot of money unless the game is successful.

That's just a few points.  I'm not trying to be mean, but whoever wrote that didn't put nearly enough thought or research into it.