Common question of Unity begginers

Started by
2 comments, last by _RoboCat_ 6 years, 1 month ago

Hello. I'm newby in Unity and just start learning basics of this engine. I want to create a game like StackJump (links are below). And now I wondering what features do I have to use to create such my game. Should I use Physics engine or I can move objects changing transform manually in Update().

If I should use Physics can you in several words direct me how can I implement and what I have to use. Just general info, no need for detailed description of developing process.

Game in PlayMarket

Video of the game

Advertisement

If you're beginning I would use as much default functionalities of Unity first, so for physics just add physics components to your GameObjects. And then build up from there. If you want specific responses other then physical responses to colliding game objects, you can add new script to your GameObjects and makes functions like OnColliderEnter, OnExit... (not the correct namings, but similar :))

Crealysm game & engine development: http://www.crealysm.com

Looking for a passionate, disciplined and structured producer? PM me

For me it looks like made with physics, jump u could make with transform and tweaking values but its clearly physics when its hit by block and fall. Blocks got rigidbody/collider but are set as "is Kinematic" and animated.

Add physics and play with settings, bit more gravity/mass on character some force.

Maybe u can block other axis movement/rotation to make jump clean, and activate them just before hit with block. But this approach is not necessary and need few things extra.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement