Problem with sleep

Started by
42 comments, last by Anri 6 years, 1 month ago

So, yesterday I didn't program before bed (I stopped 2 hours before  going to sleep), and didn't drink coffee in the afternoon. I did slept much better. I'll try too to change my diet to introduce some green as the others said. Thanks for the tips guys.

1 hour ago, rnlf_in_space said:

I'm reading books (those things made from paper) for an hour.

I'm waiting some books from amazon. I always read it before going to the gym, when they arrive I'll try reading them before bed.

Advertisement

@Luhan M., it will probably take weeks before you notice any difference. A single night is not going to change anything. Continuity is the key to good sleep.

Unfortunately any kind of sleep problems are almost always physiological and diet related. I suggest try to address diet first.

Codeloader - Free games, stories, and articles!
If you stare at a computer for 5 minutes you might be a nerdneck!
https://www.codeloader.dev

As someone with this exact problem, I can confirm that staying away from screens, reading books, and not eating food 2 hours before bed helps (digestion keeps you awake).

If you are considering sleeping pills, don't abuse them. They can help you get into the correct rhythm, but you really shouldn't need to use them for more than a week.

Perhaps the most important thing for a good rhythm is getting up at the same time every day, no matter how you feel. Do whatever it takes to get out of bed at 08:00 or whatever, even on weekends.

"I would try to find halo source code by bungie best fps engine ever created, u see why call of duty loses speed due to its detail." -- GettingNifty
On 19/02/2018 at 4:55 PM, ChaosEngine said:

In addition to what others have said, make sure you're getting sufficient exercise. 

Try to get at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise 5 times a week. In addition to all the normal health benefits, I find it much easier to get to sleep when I have been active than when I've been sedentary for the whole day. 

This one is huge, can't be stressed enough.  Exercise is so important. The benefits will start to show themselves around the 3 to 4 week mark of regular ( 4 to 5 days a week ), anaerobic exercise.

Lots of great advice given on this thread.  

One more thing to add, I've noticed that regular exercise will also impact the way I eat.  My body will let me know pretty quickly what food it likes and doesn't if I'm pushing myself physically.

I can be considered as "aged" and I can just share simple experience with you that I came to: good sleep during night is the most important base for all intellectual work, strict mathemetical or creative. Exactly good night sleeping and no one of these "motivators", music, and so on and etc. Also, body has its own reserves that expire slowly but you start to feel it after 30. Sitting many hours is bad for spine.

On 2/23/2018 at 9:03 PM, tohtamish said:

I can be considered as "aged" and I can just share simple experience with you that I came to: good sleep during night is the most important base for all intellectual work, strict mathemetical or creative. Exactly good night sleeping and no one of these "motivators", music, and so on and etc. Also, body has its own reserves that expire slowly but you start to feel it after 30. Sitting many hours is bad for spine.

You don't need to age fast. Just eat some greens and you'll keep your body in top shape. Not everything has to go downhill - it can be reversed. It's all food! No kidding!

Codeloader - Free games, stories, and articles!
If you stare at a computer for 5 minutes you might be a nerdneck!
https://www.codeloader.dev

Shall food be part of the problem, consider some soylent derivate. The logistics get so much simpler if you can afford it.

Previously "Krohm"

2 hours ago, Krohm said:

Shall food be part of the problem, consider some soylent derivate

Or not. There's... very little evidence to suggest that idiot Rhinehart knows anything meaningful about nutrition.

From what I know of nutrition, a steady diet of soy and maltodextrin is not much different than drinking corn syrup.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

Neither of your points are relevant; besides I have been running on a soylent derivate for almost two years by now.

Previously "Krohm"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement