Problem with sleep

Started by
42 comments, last by Anri 6 years, 1 month ago
7 hours ago, francoisdiy said:

Yeah, but that's once in a while. I'm active all the time. 40 is still not very old. It has to be food. I'm 100% on that. Adding fresh vegetables to your diet makes a huge difference in everything! Like, for example, beets clean you out and make you deal with stress much better even building up confidence!

You're  100% wrong. 

Ok, to elaborate....

No, it doesn't "have to be food". Food is a component, but many things play a part. I do eat fresh vegetables all the time, although I wouldn't touch beets 'cos they're vile. 

Also, no, I'm not active "once in a while". In the last year or two, I've done a week-long multi-stage mountain bike race, several half marathons, and achieved Yondan in Aikido. Also, do you really think I'm doing a half-ironman without training for it? FFS....

if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight
Advertisement
6 hours ago, ChaosEngine said:

You're  100% wrong. 

Ok, to elaborate....

No, it doesn't "have to be food". Food is a component, but many things play a part. I do eat fresh vegetables all the time, although I wouldn't touch beets 'cos they're vile. 

Also, no, I'm not active "once in a while". In the last year or two, I've done a week-long multi-stage mountain bike race, several half marathons, and achieved Yondan in Aikido. Also, do you really think I'm doing a half-ironman without training for it? FFS....

It worked for me. So for you falling asleep is always a problem... this doesn't hold for everyone, though. I actually get better sleep now that when I was younger.

(I don't know what's up with this but everytime I try to give advice on how to fix a problem people always want to go the other way. That's what I don't get.)

Codeloader - Free games, stories, and articles!
If you stare at a computer for 5 minutes you might be a nerdneck!
https://www.codeloader.dev

Ah this old chestnut - waking up in the night and getting bugger all sleep.

I personally put everything in its place - sleep, programming etc.  I go to bed at midnight and set my alarm for 7:30.  I also have a 10-minute window to brush my teeth( sooooooo important! ), lock all doors and windows and make sure everything is switched off in the house, right before I go to my room to sleep.   I might read a book for 5 minutes but then I just nod off.

Doing this every night my body is trained to know when it is time to sleep.  If it doesn't sleep during that time then tough shit - it goes without. 7:30 my alarm will go off and I will leap out of bed - ready or not! 

Its called "tough love" and done enough times your body WILL get with the program.

Languages; C, Java. Platforms: Android, Oculus Go, ZX Spectrum, Megadrive.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement