Need to map Xbox360 controller.

Started by
12 comments, last by WaterMoon 6 years ago

I have a Logitech Gamepad F310, The reason I said it was Xbox360 is because my computer treats it like such. I can map my controller buttons to jump, but I CAN NOT map the left trigger to the keyboard left shift to run. Can someone help me out? I'm using Unity BTW.

Advertisement

Unity's input system is crap. You need a third party input system from asset store like Rewired for proper non-standard Keyboard/Gamepad/Joystick/Wheel inputs

1 hour ago, Shaarigan said:

Unity's input system is crap. You need a third party input system from asset store like Rewired for proper non-standard Keyboard/Gamepad/Joystick/Wheel inputs

Hey Thanks! I managed to get it for free though xD.

5 hours ago, Shaarigan said:

I fully agree. My logitech wireless gamepad F-something was never working in a lot of unity-based games (Life is strange, Ori and the blind forest, etc.). I dont understand why that is, on windows XInput is pretty much the gold standard to get any gamepad device working, it has one of easiest api´s ever written by MS and just works.

I know from several commercial Unity games I took part at. Getting input working as expected was a nightmare before we switched to Rewired. For my own engine I got to HID input per default, so at least a whatever-input-device that is recognized by the OS is recognized as such and processed even if some hardware details are not known

Just now, Shaarigan said:

I know from several commercial Unity games I took part at. Getting input working as expected was a nightmare before we switched to Rewired. For my own engine I got to HID input per default, so at least a whatever-input-device that is recognized by the OS is recognized as such and processed even if some hardware details are not known

I tried Rewired. It wouldn't install

Rewired is for developers of a game, so they can add support for various input devices. If you are making a game in Unity, and you want a controller or whatever to work, look into Rewired. (If so, be more specific with error messages, etc. "It wouldn't install" is not descriptive enough.)

If you are trying to use your controller in game someone else has made, Rewired will do nothing for you.

Hello to all my stalkers.

Just now, Lactose said:

Rewired is for developers of a game, so they can add support for various input devices. If you are making a game in Unity, and you want a controller or whatever to work, look into Rewired. (If so, be more specific with error messages, etc. "It wouldn't install" is not descriptive enough.)

If you are trying to use your controller in game someone else has made, Rewired will do nothing for you.

I cant. IT won't install

1 minute ago, Timothy Sharp said:

I cant. IT won't install

This is the part where I told you to be more specific. Some examples:

How are you trying to install it?

Where did you get it from? "I managed to get it from free" makes it sound super-dodgy.

What error messages are you getting?

Hello to all my stalkers.

1 minute ago, Lactose said:

This is the part where I told you to be more specific. Some examples:

How are you trying to install it?

Where did you get it from? "I managed to get it from free" makes it sound super-dodgy.

What error messages are you getting?

I got it for free. Can't remember where but it shows up in Windows tab, i click run installer. It keeps saying to drag the InputManager script into Inspector, but there is no such script. Can YOU please share yours.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement