Still ads but gdnet+

Started by
20 comments, last by khawk 5 years, 11 months ago

Hi

I thought ads displaying for gdnet+ was a thing of the past? Unfortunately not for me :(

Please see screenshot.

How do we fix this?

Thanks!

Screenshot_20180220-181214.png

Screenshot_20180220-181148.png

Screenshot_20180220-181551.png

Advertisement

Looking at it. Appears to affect mobile only.

Admin for GameDev.net.

I'm still having ads showing up as well, PC (Windows, Chrome). Near the top -- I believe it's the "leaderboard header" ad?

While going back into this thread to edit something, there was now a random ad at the end of my post. This one was a "google placed" ad, or similar.

Hello to all my stalkers.

Yeah Google is adding ads sometimes in strange places with their new ad tech launched publicly this week that does auto placement. I think I figured those out so hopefully they stop.

The mobile ones are still a bit of a problem. I wish it was as easy as "don't load the ad code", but it's not in this case because of the way the system works between the server, DFP, and Adsense and how these particular ads are triggered. I'm thinking on it.. 

Admin for GameDev.net.

Any update on the PC leaderboard ads? They've been there for ages.

2 hours ago, Lactose said:

Any update on the PC leaderboard ads? They've been there for ages.

It took a while to understand what you're talking about because when I login to your account, I don't see any network (Adsense) leaderboard ads on PC.

However, when I go to lower resolution the leaderboard ads start showing up - for instance, tablet/mobile resolutions where the system thinks it's a different device. When saying PC, I assumed GameDev.net's full resolution which doesn't show ads, but now it's obvious that the issue is with lower resolution versions of the website.

So this problem is at the same level as the mobile problem that needs to be figured out, but it does provide another data point to work with in finding a solution.

Admin for GameDev.net.

For reference, my resolution is 1920x1080. I'm running Chrome maximized.

1 minute ago, Lactose said:

For reference, my resolution is 1920x1080. I'm running Chrome maximized.

Ok, at that resolution I haven't been able to duplicate any Adsense leaderboard ads through your account. Everything I see is partner/direct. Is there a specific page it happens more than others?

Admin for GameDev.net.

18 minutes ago, khawk said:

Is there a specific page it happens more than others?

Not that I've noticed. The page I tend to visit the most frequently is the For Beginners page:

https://www.gamedev.net/forums/forum/71-for-beginners/

But the ads seem to show up on every page, just not 100% of the time.

Interestingly I was able to duplicate on For Beginners and not anywhere else. This is looking more and more like a problem on the ad serving side (Google DFP). We're sending all the right data to keep you from seeing Adsense, but the ad server is still leaking through with network ads.

I've tried changing some settings on the ad serving to try to close any loopholes. It can take a couple hours before setting changes go live.

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement