what am I doing wrong? (concept art 2d)

Started by
5 comments, last by Awoken 6 years, 1 month ago

imageproxy.php?img=&key=2aa9ad0c79a985beToday again I painted the next drawing. I look at him and I understand that something is wrong in him. Can problems with the prospect or with black and white or with the composition or is everything terrible? help me figure it out, help.. My english is not very well, i'm from russia and i want to draw for game

египет_рисунок_1.jpg

Advertisement

What is wrong is, since this is assembled from multiple photos(?), the lighting is inconsistent - it comes from random directions. (Mainly visible an the pyramid.)

You could fix this by repainting the image using the current as a template (usecase portfolio to get hired), or you and your team may decide to accept it this way to save time (use case already working on a game).

You could also make a compromise: Mirror and brighten the pyramid, mirror the burried sphinx statue so light comes from top. Would make a big difference i guess. there are also tools to change the lighting for a photograph semiautomatic. I don't know if Photoshop has this in already.

your trying to cheat the system. none of that image came from your imagination. none of that image is you. when you make something there will be a flow to it. concept is in the title. but you concepted nonething in there. do not try to reverse engineer art. it has to come from you. a place within you.

this is not an environment. but you should be able to look at this. and see what is going on. without me saying anything

sho love 2.jpg

Did you make that @tyree?

I would not have posted the image otherwise. usually I do not post any of my 2d work online. but the first post was too ridiculous

@tyree, I like it a lot.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement