Balancing an RPG - I made a Mini Rpg, bugs or balance issues?

Started by
1 comment, last by Uncharted_Artist 6 years, 1 month ago

Hi everyone. I've been a long time user of this sub, helped out many and in turn been helped.

I decided to put my skills to the test and FINISH a game (gasp). I wanted to make a bit grindy RPG type game that wasn't dependant on timers to build things so you'd come back every hour of every day. I couldn't find anything in the app stores.

The game is a classic RPG overworld, enter dungeons which are sidescrolling monster slash levels and a few platforming levels. The difference is your hero auto walks.

I started out with an idea of an idle clicker type game since I thought "This will take me no time at all." It ended up being a small rpg with a few tap elements, but more skill/planning.

I had a hugely hard time trying to get monster HP, exp gain per level, gold drop, weapon prices, et cetera. I never even thought about that being an obstacle.

Anyway, here it is. If anyone has any questions on how I did things or comments, please feel free.

As a last note too, if you're using a PC to play it, WSAD moves world map and Space is tap attack.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.FieryPhoenix.TapRPG

This is the android APK. Just search TAPRPG Raithen i the google play store, or if you'd like to try it and you don't have an android, just download BlueStacks on your PC.

Thanks in advance guys.

Advertisement

Where did you get the Art Assets, did you make them yourself? Because they kind of look like you grabbed them from an asset store of some sort, the art looks very inconsistent and kind of not very good. This is all the input I can provide as I am not a programmer, so if you are just worried about the programming side of things then I apologize. 

But congrats on making a game dude! No easy task ever. 

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement